Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

ok so I have an issue. I have a 6 year old daughter who is in first grade. There is another girl in her class, who I honestly don't care for ( she lives in my neighborhood and just is too grown for her age). So my daughter writes stories in her journal, but I guess on the bus ride this other girl wrote in it and wrote "I love you. You and I having sex. From Ryan to elizabeth. " I was very shocked when I seen this. I talked to my daughter about it and she said this girl wrote that even though my daughter didn't want her to write in the book. Now I do believe my daughter because that is not her handwriting and I usually can tell if she is lying.

so my question is do I talk to her school knowing it happened there or maybe the parent, but i dont want any issues with the parent so i figured since it happened at school maybe the school can talk to her parents about what she is writing. Any thoughts would be helpful!

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

You should have a discussion with your daughter about appropriate words and actions for herself and from other kids/adults. Then I would bring the journal/diary to the attention of the Bus Driver and the Teacher at the very least. Possibly even the Pricipal.  

crystal1213
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Yes I did have a discussion with my daughter and explained about words. I just couldn't believe I seen that in her book.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I know. It's amazing what children their age know nowadays.  I always tell my kids that there are kid words and then there are adult words and then there are words that should be used sparingly.  

Quoting crystal1213:

Yes I did have a discussion with my daughter and explained about words. I just couldn't believe I seen that in her book.

crystal1213
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I agree I will be contacting her school. Just definitely didn't expect to see that.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Absolutely talk to the school about it. She needs to be told that this is inappropriate. Often when children do things like this, they may be viewing sexual material or ...Just talk to the school about it and let them handle it.

Lorissa11
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I would take it to the principal!!

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM
That doesn't mean she actually had intercourse with the boy. Kids do repeat what they have seen or heard. Her mother should explain birds and bees to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystal1213
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Yeah I agree. I don't think she actually had intercourse with the boy. Its about the language, at six  years old.

SlightlyPerfect
When you find "The Interview" online...
Thursday at 9:25 PM
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Good thing it happened on the bus. It happened on school property, so yes, go to the school. Request an appointment with the principal. You could also ask the school bus driver if he/she saw anything happening between the two girls.

Obviously this little girl has been exposed to way too much--poor thing--so I doubt the parents will be of much help on their own (i.e., without school involvement).

slightlyperfect

snazzylady1
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a difficult situation.  If it were me I would talk with the school and let them be aware of the situation.  That way if it happens with another student then it will be easier for them to handle the problem.  Especially since it has occured before.  As for talking with the parent,  I am not sure if I would do that.  Reason being it is hard to know how that parent would react.  For now stay in good communication with the school.  Use this to communicate with your daughter too.  Reinforce what your beliefs and values are.  You have a much stronger impact on your daughter than anyone.  Keep talking to her daily.  Ask questions about school and her friends. Since she is only 6, she can easily be guided in the direction you want her to go. 

Tonya Simmons

smartandsnazzykids.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN