Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

when to let some people watch your child

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay so my daughter is 3 months old an since she was about later during her one month once a week someone babysits it verys from my husbands familly and my family. An I was wondering if that is bad?

We just get overly frustrated an once a week keeps our family happy and us not so stressed out.

does anyone else do this??

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Every Saturday for about an hour or so, my mother would watch my son (when he was first born) so I could go grocery shopping.  Alone.  It was HEAVENLY.  She lived next to the grocery store and I SO appreciated it.

jtsmommy11
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM

its perfectly fine to me i wish i could do that but im 4 hours from family and its hard and frustrating with no help

gizmo_mommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM

It's normal to do that. It saves you from having a major melt down and not being able to take care of your child. I would take my daughter to my parent's house to do laundry and they would watch her and "take over" while I rested and did laundry.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I think that is fine for once a week let someone else care for her and you can have adult time.  We did not have that option.   We did have a neighbor who watched her on occasion if i needed a break.  It teaches the child that she has a good group of adults she can trust.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM
DO IT!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sallymoon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM

My husband and I rarely have someone else watch our son.  We haven't had a "date night" since my high school reunion over 4 years ago.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I didn't leave mine at that age but at 2 1/2 and 5 1/2 that sounds like a dream come true!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delialayla
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM

aww . i wish i had someone who could watch my kiddos.everyone hates our ... if you have family why not??? their their to help 

woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Never feel guilty for needing a little break.  As long as you are leaving her with sane people you trust, its fine. 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:52 AM

needing a lil break to keep you sane is ok! LOL  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)