Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

G-diapers!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Are they worth it in the end?

Options:

Yes, definitely!

No, not at all!

Kind of; it's a toss-up.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

Has anybody used them?

They look so adorable, and I'd love to use them, but I need to do what's cheaper.

A case of 108 disposable diapers is $25, and I see gdiapers sells a, "case," of disposable inserts for $52 and free auto-shipping. So that definitely looks more expensive, but (1) how many inserts come in that case??

(2)And how often do the inserts need to be changed?

(3)Are they less/more absorbent than disposable diapers? 

Anybody with experience, please help!

http://www.gdiapers.com/shop/?gclid=CNaL0rTl-rQCFQWe4AodUkwAGQ

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mrs.BAT
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM

IMO, they're only worth it if you also use cloth, as far as the cost goes. I used the shells of the g-diapers with pre-fold diaper inserts instead of the disposable ones. I used the disposable inserts sometimes when DD was staying with grandma, or we were going to be out for a long time. If you were to get the g-diapers and use cloth inserts, it would be worth it, sort of. But at that point, it's really cheaper to go with cloth in general, unless you wanted the g-diapers for backup/travel, etc. I have no idea how many are in a case, but I think on Amazon it's between 100 and 150 in a case.

AthenaGrace
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Quoting Mrs.BAT:

IMO, they're only worth it if you also use cloth, as far as the cost goes. I used the shells of the g-diapers with pre-fold diaper inserts instead of the disposable ones. I used the disposable inserts sometimes when DD was staying with grandma, or we were going to be out for a long time. If you were to get the g-diapers and use cloth inserts, it would be worth it, sort of. But at that point, it's really cheaper to go with cloth in general, unless you wanted the g-diapers for backup/travel, etc. I have no idea how many are in a case, but I think on Amazon it's between 100 and 150 in a case.

Hmm...definitely not worth it with the disposable inserts? I'm not into the cloth inserts. 

And I would guess that if it's 100-150 in a case on amazon, it would be the same on their website, right?

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Only if you use them as cloth diapers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM
you might look into flips. they are one size so you don't have to buy new covers constantly. not sure on price though because I used their cloth inserts. my 2.5 year old has one on right now. she's been using them since she was a few months old and has tons of growing space left.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Pampers were great for my son.  They never leaked and hold a lot of bowels.  You just have to get the deals at Target and Babys R Us.

AthenaGrace
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Not into cloth inserts, only interested in using disposable inserts. Anybody have experience with that?
JasonsMom2007: What are flips? 

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Plan on about 10 diaper changes a day. Buy disposable inserts by the case and they'll last you about a month. If you buy from gDiapers.com directly you can get set up with autoship, so you get your disposable inserts conveniently and predictably. No running out of diapers when you need them! Phew.

http://www.gdiapers.com/environmentally-friendly-diapers/faqs

cowgirlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Why are you not "into" cloth? Have you actually looked into it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerose26
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I don't use g-diapers but I use sunbaby cloth diapers. Have been with my son since he was 2 weeks old, he's almost 18 months old now. I used sunbaby diapers on my dd for 6 months until she potty trained.

Maybe you'll get better answers from someone that has used gdiapers in the cuties with cloth booties group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN