Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how to and when to start pottey training

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have a 1 year old and he tries to take off his diaper and pee's in corners. to me i seen "pottey training time" but he wont. is it to so and if not what can i do to encourge him to go on the pottey?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I recomend the "smart baby potty training ???" (book, guide) by Olivia Micheal.

tyracon
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM

and i can get this book any where?

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM

If he won't start training yet, you could consider putting duct tape on his diaper. I have a friend who has had to do that with her daughter.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Since he likes to pee in corners, try 'target practice' with him. See if he will pee in the toilet if you put cherrios in there for him to aim at.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM

This is what I had to do with my nephew.

Quoting funhappymom:

If he won't start training yet, you could consider putting duct tape on his diaper. I have a friend who has had to do that with her daughter.

tyracon
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM

thank you guys so much. i will try all these things and see what works. thanks again

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Well you could do it like you would with a dog, when he starts peeing in the corner pick him up and set him on the potty, (well with a dog it would be outside or on a potty pad) and tell him that is where he should potty. If he's taking his diaper off just to pee, then he may be ready, but does he wake up dry from naps and in the morning? Do you have potty chair? Never hurts to try and if he doesn't get it then I'd try tape or something on the diaper. It might take a little time, but my mom said I was potty trained by a year old (until my little twin brothers came along) Good luck!

tyracon
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM

yes i have potty for him, and he always wakes up wet. he will poop on the potty just not pee. so i know he knows what he is suppose to do on it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)