Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do i help my daughter?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 19 Replies

My 2 month old daughter for the last two nights cries untill she is literally screaming. she doesnt hav colic but alot of gas and the gas drops work only sometimes. How can i get rid of her gas or make her feel better?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mango44
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I had the same problem with my daughter.  Is she on formula?

Amanda5256
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM

yes shes on similac advanced early shield. she drinks about 4 ozs but doesnt get full till 8 oz so ive been doin 4 oz with a lil rice cereal

brvdsmom
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

the ceral might be causing the tummy pain, I thought babies that young weren't supposed to have cereal yet?? try laying her on her tummy across your lap, or bend her legs up toward her chest. sometimes that helps get the gas moving or a warm bath

momsince04
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Change her formula until you find one that she can tolerate. I wouldn't put cereal in just yet, she seems a little bit to young for that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amanda5256
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

my peditriician told me to try her on it since she wasnt getting full n eating every 30 mins. ive already tried changing the formula to several diff ones. idk if its the cereal or jus gas. ill try the leg thing  n bath thnx guys for the advice. if there is nething else u can think of let me knw n ill give it a go :)

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Give her 6 oz instead of 4.  Burp her alot.  Rub her back with her tummy against your legs.  While she is on her back gently push her legs up to chest in a bicycle motion.  Get rid of cereal.   She probably has a growth spurt now so will eat more frequently in higher quantities.  I primarily nursed dd so i am not sure how much she ate at this age but it seemed like she was always eating.

Kaylawv2
by Kayla on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Are you Burping after every oz? Also unless she has acid reflux I would stop giving her rice cereal. If that doesn't help switch her formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by Kayla on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM
She is probably eating so much because of a growth spurt.

Quoting Amanda5256:

my peditriician told me to try her on it since she wasnt getting full n eating every 30 mins. ive already tried changing the formula to several diff ones. idk if its the cereal or jus gas. ill try the leg thing  n bath thnx guys for the advice. if there is nething else u can think of let me knw n ill give it a go :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda5256
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I burp her after every oz and ive cut back on the cereal. nothing is working the only time i can get her to be quiet and not crying or nething is wen i hold her

ThinkAgainMom
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM

The rice cereal may well be CAUSING the gas. Did she cry like this before you added cereal?

It is a pain to feed a baby constantly, but truth is, they know what they need.  They are not likely to ask for cereal, if what they want is just more milk (formula), more often.  Can baby's daddy do more feedings?  Can you get your mom or friends to help you while she is in this huge growth mode.  I can imagine you need a break.  I'm just not sure the cereal thing is right for her.  Personally, I would rather feed a hungry baby constantly, than try to console one who is in pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN