Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Age 41 with a 15 month old First Child. Without family support. Anyone else have the same issue?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM
What's the issue? Your age with a young child
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mimee1971
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM

The issue is since my Husband and I of 23 years had our child we do not hear from our families.  They seem jealous maybe and a little self centered now.  We have always been the glue to both sides of our families and now are so consummed raising our child that we need their support and don't have it.  Is this something you can relate to?

IndieAllie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I have zero support where I live, with 2 kids. My lack of family support is shocking to me, but they have decided they don't really "like" my husband, so the buck stops there. My husband and I do not live in a city with ANY friends even-- more later!! I'm 31 mentally mature
Mimee1971
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Sorry to hear that.  It gets depressing especially knowing that my husband and I of 23 years have been the glue that kept both sides of our familys in tact.  Now that we need some support their not around.  I wish i let it go but i keep trying. This is why i decided to come on Cafe mom hoping to gain strength talking with others in the same boat. 

kali_mom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I can see where you are coming from. I am in a new state after living 36 years in the same state. It's the hubby and children and I have just two or three aquiantces that I have interacted with in our new home. I felt a little blue in the beginning and just busied my self with the day to day tasks and really learning to enjoy getting to know 'me'. It's been three years since the move and I have maybe four total people I associate with. It's actually been a very positive change for me and I am glad we said yes to this new life journey. I hope you are able to find something to spark a new energy for you! You can message/ anytime you need to..
amanda81919
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I just got cut off from mine(actually happy about it) and his is around when they feel like it, its hard but your family is you your dh and child not everyone else, they are just an added bonus.
IntactivistMama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM
They're grownups. Their responsibility to work on their own crap - not yours.
rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Find a mommy group in your home town with other moms with similar age kids.  You'll find someone to talk with about things and we are always here too.  Vent any time.  Pre-k starts about 3 years old and I'm sure you'll find someone local as well.  

mcknitro
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I feel for ya.  I have a huge supportive family, unfortunately they live about 1400 miles away.  My BF lives with me now and is a huge support.  However, I went about 3 years as a single mom, far away from my family.  I have thought about moving closer to them, but the child custody laws in my state prevent that (I wouldnt be able to move with my DD unless her dad signs off on it - which he wouldnt).  My ex's family is not supportive either, and full of drama.  It is hard, but you have your husband and you will survive.  You should see about mommy groups in your area, maybe you can find some additional support and maybe some play groups.

Mimee1971
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM

thanks for writing.  you take care also!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured