Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Anxiety/b****iness in pregnancy

Posted by   + Show Post

I have some anxiety issues. I've always been able to get them under control without the use of medication... but since I got pregnant (this is our second) I have been so anxious and just plain mean! Sometimes my poor husbands voice is like nails on a chalkboard! It doesn't matter if he is saying "honey you are so beautiful", I just want him to shut up! I know it's awful and I feel like crap, but I don't know what to do. Some days, I just cry all day, or worse, I'm super pissed all day. Not like normal angry, like livid... over the stupidest things!

Please help!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Replies (11-19):
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Yep. Pregnancy hormones have hit you hard! Just like it did with me when I was pregnant.  You need to boost your prenatal vitamins. Then you need to make sure you find out what foods make you feel good emotionally, and physically.  Lack of vitamins will do that to you.  They can make you mean as a bobcat.  You should also make sure you are hydrating every day and doing some form of physical activity. You need to expend your energy so that you will have a true feeling of tiredness and not an over abundace of energy which will make you feel the same way.  Tell your hubby what is going on and ask him to bear with you as you will go through this until the baby is born.   You are doing just fine though. This is very normal for a lot of women.  :)   

Rae706
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM

This is going to last the entire pregnancy? I literally just started crying!

SHOOT ME!

Quoting kirbymom:

Yep. Pregnancy hormones have hit you hard! Just like it did with me when I was pregnant.  You need to boost your prenatal vitamins. Then you need to make sure you find out what foods make you feel good emotionally, and physically.  Lack of vitamins will do that to you.  They can make you mean as a bobcat.  You should also make sure you are hydrating every day and doing some form of physical activity. You need to expend your energy so that you will have a true feeling of tiredness and not an over abundace of energy which will make you feel the same way.  Tell your hubby what is going on and ask him to bear with you as you will go through this until the baby is born.   You are doing just fine though. This is very normal for a lot of women.  :)   

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Aww!  ~~ That wasn't supposed to make you cry. I'm sorry.  :(  

You will go through this, but to varying degrees. Sometimes it will be so light that you tend to forget that you even have raging hormones. Then other days you may have it hit you hard. Then again, you may only go through this and then just stop.  

Quoting Rae706:

This is going to last the entire pregnancy? I literally just started crying!

SHOOT ME!

Quoting kirbymom:

undefined

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My anxiety flares up during pregnancy and post pregnancy. I would say something to your doctor. ((Hugs)) If you need someone to chat with, feel free to message me

Sweet_Carol_126
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM
You could have postpartum depression. You need to talk to your doctor. There are some medications that can help you. Do you remember that Marie Osmond had post partum depression and she was really upset until she was able to get treatment. You can come through this but you need to talk to the doctor and tell him/her about the depression. Good luck to you.
rebeccasmly
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I would discuss this with your doctor. He may be able to provide help for you. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
It gets better. I would talk to your doctor just incase.

I had easy pregnancies with my boys now my DD, Omg I turned into the wicked bitch of the west almost right from the beginning. It didn't help that I had morning sickness from hell. I could drink water and throw up 10 times.

My DH could leave a hand print or forget his cup on the table and by my reaction you'd think he trashed the place. I would get mad at him over stuff he really didn't have any control over, like it snowing bad when I had plans.

I ended up the only way I could deal with everything was to go in my room and kick a pillow across the room. LOL. and then make myself sit there for like 10minutes untill I calmed down. I literally had to make myself too because I would get madder before I would calm down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blucandie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I'd say it's pretty normal/common, but the degree varies. If it is causing problems or your just not sure, talk to your doctor. I was bitchy & moody too & no one seemed to understand. They kept telling me I needed to control my emotions... yeah right! I was having a girl & I hear that can make you more emotional while pregnant bc instead of extra testosterone (with a boy), you get extra estrogen. Honestly, I didn't think I was that bad for someone with twice the amount of hormones coursing through her veins. I mean, c'mon people, give a pregnant lady a break, right?! Honestly though, the anxiety as there too, but neither went away as soon as I delivered. Actually, it may have gotten worse... I breastfed so I still had raging hormones & I had a newborn so my anxiety level was peaked! It all worked out eventually tho :) Good Luck!

marisab
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM

talk to your dr about this but mood swings are normal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)