Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

adive anyone? please?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 30 Replies

i have a 6 month old son and some times he will jut cry. he has been fed, changed, not to cld, not to hot, not hurting, took tylonal, and even tryed to play with him.  sometimes he wants nothing but to cry. i just dont know what to do with him. sometimes i just have to let him cry for a little and then he is fine... am i a bad mom?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandeeJoy
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Maybe he's colicky? Or maybe he has an upset stomach from his formula/food? You never know. Have you talked to the pediatrician about it? What have they suggested?

brookealexis
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM

yeah i have and they say that nothing is wrong with him, i have even rushed him to urgent care to see what was wrong with him. and they did a blood test and listened to his stomach ect. but nothing is wrong with him. ...sigh sometimes i just have to walk away from him and let him cry so i dont do anything that i would regret you know...

funhappymom
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Does it seem to happen at the same time each day? My kids used to cry in the evenings for no reason. It was like the day had caught up with them and they just needed to cry. You're not a bad mom. You check to make sure he is taken care of and there is no reason for his crying.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

He could be tired, lonely, frustrated, any number of things. If you know he's fed, dry, etc., then just talk to him in soothing tones, give him an extra cuddle, and let him cry a bit. You could also try putting him in a swing or a vibrating baby seat to see if that helps since it sometimes settles them down.

LoreleiSieja
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Sometimes babies just have to cry.  You are not a bad mom to let him cry sometimes.  Just don't leave him to cry too long, or he could get a tummy ache. If he cries a bit, and then he's better, you are doing a great job.

Babies can cry because they are wet, of course.  They'll cry if they are hungry, cold, hot, or if they are lonely.  They may cry because they are tired, and they don't know HOW to fall asleep. 

If you've changed him, fed him, played with him and rocked him, then it's perfectly fine to put him safely in his crib and let him cry a bit.

Lorelei

http://raisingcreativechildren.com/nail-biting/

Miller_Mama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM

your not a bad mom. babies cry for random reasons even after you have done what you have to do for them. my daughter did and she is 2 and still randomly cries.

emily0004
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM
If he isn't hungry, hot/cold, wearing a dirty diaper, etc., then he might just be feeling overwhelmed and tired. My baby cries a lot in the evenings if he is really tired and can't get to sleep. On days like that, rocking him to sleep and holding him while he sleeps is what works for me.

Sometimes a warm bath and fresh clothes can be soothing for baby. You could also try gently massaging his legs and feet with baby lotion/oil.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Just comfort him, without continually trying to stimulate him.

He may be overstimulated. Try to calm yourself so your anxiety doesn't affect his body --the way you hold him is different when you're feeling placid compared to when you're feeling frantic, and he can't cope with your frantic.

Leaving him alone doesn't 'help' as much as eliminate the bouncing and jiggling and chatting and eye contact... 

mrswhite417
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried wearing him in a moby wrap or a sling or something? It may help some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Mine screamed from 10 to midnight every night. Nothing wrong. I put her in her cradle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)