Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with teen girls...did I overstep (bra question)

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 21 Replies

Okay so I am a bit nervous. On sunday there was a young youth (grade 9 i think) and she was having bra problems so I went with her into the church's bathroom so she could explain it to me...it is not fitting properlly. I told her to walk into a local store that mesures and to get her to tell them that she has never been mesured before.

She says "Mom says I am an A or B cup"..well I am a C or a D and she is about my size or bigger. So i blurted out "I dont think you are I would suggest getting mesured" Well I am going to see them tonight...did I over step??

Sorry for any mistakes this cold is affecting my vision watery eyes cant see much!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Mom must not want her to think she is large. I can't say what I would have said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm in favor of information and a good fit. IMO, you didn't over step but people are crazy sensitive about things these days, so who knows what they will think.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM
You're fine and very helpful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I don't believe you did. When my dgd came to visit, a few months after starting to wear an A, I realized she needed to be fitted. She needed a D! I was afraid my dil would be upset. The only thing she was upset about was that she hadn't realized that she had changed so much.

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I wouldn't think that you did. I'd rather have comfort and clearly she wasn't comfy. 

emmy526
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM

i don't think you did...you were just giving your opinion

MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Whether you overstepped her mother's boundries, only her mother could answer.  If I were the girl, I wouldn't mind (wouldn't think you had overstepped); I would see it as a "second" opinion.  If I were the mother, it wouldn't bother me, but I would probably ask you to talk to me instead of my daughter or to her in my presence as that's a kind of private thing.

Proper bra fit is very important. :-)

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:13 PM

No, you just provided her with information.

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Thanks everyone! Well see her soon...Feel bad for her hope she got fitted...I know when I went I was wearing a B cup turned out I was a C maybe even  D (depending on the bra )

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I wouldn't have had an issue with the discussion, but I would take BIG issue with the fact that you went into a restroom with my teenage daughter to discuss breasts. That could have been done outside, within view of others, while still out of earshot.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured