Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Too early?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 9 Replies
Is it to early to start buying birthday stuff? Like ordering the cake or buying the plates ( they are on sale )

It's his first birthday. (April 13th) I guess I'm just overly excited. Lol

**edit**
I think either my mom and I or my sil is gonna make the cake and smash cake :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I wouldn't order the cake yet, but no harm in getting all the decorations and non-food items now or when you can find them on sale. Just be sure you're set on the theme and know you won't change your mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeremysMom
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I would go ahead and by the plates, napkins, etc. If you are ordering the cake from a grocery store bakery, it may be too early. If you are ordering a speciality cake, it may be too late or right on time depending on the company, level of difficulty, and size.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Never too early for paper goods if you can resist using them before the big day.  Depending on where you are getting the cake, ask them when the best time to order.  DD has only wanted cupcakes and we do that a week before.

bayliesmommy
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
No. My dd's birthday is in may and I am already buying stuff!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Either me and me mom or my sil is making the cake so no worries there!!!

Quoting luvemboth:

I wouldn't order the cake yet, but no harm in getting all the decorations and non-food items now or when you can find them on sale. Just be sure you're set on the theme and know you won't change your mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Either me and mom or my sil is doin the cake. So I don't have to worry about anyone screwin up lol

Quoting JeremysMom:

I would go ahead and by the plates, napkins, etc. If you are ordering the cake from a grocery store bakery, it may be too early. If you are ordering a speciality cake, it may be too late or right on time depending on the company, level of difficulty, and size.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I can resist using then jut can't resist buying them !!!! Lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

Never too early for paper goods if you can resist using them before the big day.  Depending on where you are getting the cake, ask them when the best time to order.  DD has only wanted cupcakes and we do that a week before.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Order the cake a few days ahead. Its not like a wedding cake. If you see some plates, pick them up. We just had grandparents at the 1st bday. They don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Well I realize he won't know but we have a lot of family out of town and this is a wonderful excuse to get together and have cake lol but I think really either me and my mom or my sil is making the cake

Quoting atlmom2:

Order the cake a few days ahead. Its not like a wedding cake. If you see some plates, pick them up. We just had grandparents at the 1st bday. They don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)