Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Period help

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

I dont know where to post this and since i need advice and i am a mom i post it here i guess, if its wrong just tell me where to go! 

so im on birth control I just had my little girl about a year ago, (next month will be a year)  I been on Altavera  I been taking it religously since my 6 wk check up.  There were a few times I didnt have the refill yet (like when the doctor had to call it in)  but i never really missed more than one pill and if i did we used condoms.  and it wasnt often at all!  and according to the package, the more u miss consecitivly(sp?) is when you have higher chance of getting pregnant. That hasnt really happend with me without a condom, But i also been on all sorts of other meds since i got on the pill (different anti depressents, bacterial medication, sleep medication ect) i have been switched around alot and even though i told all the docs what i was on im afraid someone screwed up bc i got my period twice last month which has never happend to me, once on like the 4th and then again at my normal time by the 17th, I had normal the month before and they both acted like normal periods (lasted about a week with about a week inbetween of nothing) now this month i have gotten nothing its the 24th i should have gotten it by the 17th! so now im getting stressed which is bad bc that wont help it come!  Im def not ready to have another baby, I wanted to cut my weight down first and then my husband and i were thinking about it.  But any advice would be apperciated, i wil lbe going to the doc if i do not get it by the 1st of feb. I am 29, and for the most part my periods are normal. 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

All the switching around could mess with your hormone levels so get an OTC pregnancy test first and then get into your doctor as soon as possible.  I would call now since some doctors want to schedule a month out.

roxiekittie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I did forget to mention i took 2 pregnancy tests, one i think was last week and one like 2 weeks before ( I was having an awful lot of heartburn and hunger thats why i took the first one) so idk whats going on lol! i know with my last it ook like 5 test to get a positive!  Ill give it until monday and ill call! its just really weird how i can be almost a week off! thanks for the advice

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM

If it's like that then it sounds like your hormones are probably wonky anyway. If you're concerned that you might be pregnant, though, and afraid the tests won't show it, call your doc and arrange for a blood test to confirm one way or another for you. ((HUGS))

Quoting roxiekittie:

I did forget to mention i took 2 pregnancy tests, one i think was last week and one like 2 weeks before ( I was having an awful lot of heartburn and hunger thats why i took the first one) so idk whats going on lol! i know with my last it ook like 5 test to get a positive!  Ill give it until monday and ill call! its just really weird how i can be almost a week off! thanks for the advice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)