Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

getting induced at 39 weeks

Posted by   + Show Post

im getting induced tommorow and im already 3cm dialated..what should i expect?....has anyone else been threw this?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I was induced with my first and 3rd child. My first was at 41 weeks and 1 day. My third was at 39 weeks and 5 days. It is HORRIBLY PAINFUL. At least for me it was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephs5isenough
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I was induced with my oldest at about 42 weeks.  The experience was very good and so I went in to my other 4 pregnancies knowing that I wanted to be induced a little earlier.  So, I was induced with all 4 of them about this time.  It all went very well and fairly easily for me.  Good Luck and try to just enjoy the time.

Click my tag to follow me to:

Living In the Arms of Jesus:

Where we PLAY, PRAY and LEARN Together.

Seriously868
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I was induced with both mine at 39 weeks, had no epidural or drugs. Pm me if you have any questions :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM
That's not necessarily true. I was walking around at 4cm with my first and had no contractions or any signs of labor.

Quoting BabySocks0912:

You'll be in labor by 4.. Why not wait?
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
There's a lot of things that could make your experience different than others. There's different was of inducing labor. There's a bulb that can help you dilate more to jump start labor, there's little inserts and gels they can put on your cervix to do the same as the bulb, they can try to just break your water and see if it works, and there's IV pitocin.

With my first I went information my induction and was already 4cm. They broke my water and began the pitocin. Once I started feeling painful contractions I asked for something to help with the pain(I was about 6 hours in by then). They have me a medicine in my IV to relax me and I fell asleep really quickly, but woke up 3 hours later. I sat around for as long as I could and asked for an epi when it was more than I wanted to handle. My doc checked my cervix and I was 7cm and 50% effaced, so they have the go ahead. It took a few painful attempts to get it in, but once it was in I had no pain and could still feel a little bit. 5 hours later my little man arrived.

With my second I didn't get the IV pain meds, and they waited until I was 7cm to break my water. It was pretty quickly after that that my son was born(an hour and 44 minutes), but that's also wen I started feeling pain and when I really wanted an epi. My pitocin had been up to the legal limit for several hours so my contractions were very very strong, and I was in a lot of pain with no way to cope since I was unable to take birthing classes and couldn't get an epi in time.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I don't do inductions. Good luck!
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Hope all goes well!!! I am not a fan of induction, but in your case, it sounds like it makes sense.

Quoting Giselle1992:

wish i could wait but i have a severe UTI and ive been peeing blood and ive taking anitbiotics and it still hasent cleared so my doctor said its best to get induced so they can give me a stronger antibiotic

piwife
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I don't trust inductions. But yeah being at 4 doesn't mean anything I was walking around at 5 cm for a month with my last baby

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

That's not necessarily true. I was walking around at 4cm with my first and had no contractions or any signs of labor.

Quoting BabySocks0912:

You'll be in labor by 4.. Why not wait?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Depends on the route and how urgent your health complication is (how fast the force).

Do you know the induction routes?

If you have a poor Bishop's Score will you wait until it's more favorable?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)