Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

getting induced at 39 weeks

Posted by   + Show Post

im getting induced tommorow and im already 3cm dialated..what should i expect?....has anyone else been threw this?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jenn820
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:22 AM
I was induced at 39 wks and my experience was JUST FINE. A lot of it has to do with how the doctor does it. A lot break the water right away, which it doesn't have to work that way, and that makes it a lot harder.
I had that little pill thing that is supposed to jump start labor, I started, but slow. I did a LOT of walking. I got pitocin next and it wasn't bad, again because she hadn't broken my water yet. I think I was about 6 or 8 hours in when she broke my water. I definitely felt the difference then but it progressed well. I dont regret it because my experience was good.
lovinmy3girlies
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I was induced at 10 days OD w my first daughter. I was 2-3cm a week b4. I was in labor 26hrs, NO meds (besides the pitocin) only progressing to 5-6cm and ended in a csection. If I could go back, I would just wait it out. I believe I wOuld have been able to deliver her natural if I would have gave her time. An induction can be even harder on your body than birth itself. But it totally depends on the woman and her child's response to it. Best of luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I was induced at 39 weeks and I don't recommend it..  you are already dilating, I would personally wait!

BabyFruit Ticker
swthrt737
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I was induced at 38weeks,it hurt but i was focusing on my baby's arrival. Good luck.
sarahsmommy508
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM
i was induced at 39 weeks at 2 cm no issues for me it went really smoothe
mackiebugsmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I was induced at 39 weeks, I went in at 7am, water broke at 1pm and she was here by 4:30. I have heard that it hurts more to be induced but I couldn't tell you if that's true or not..labor hurts period. Word of advice if you want an epidural, have them watch how fast you dilate, I went fast and couldn't get it. Good luck!!!!!
Giselle1992
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM

i was in 8 hours of labor and 4 pushes my baby came out he was 6 pounds 14 ounces and 20 inches...i was induced but it went very well

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Awesome!. I pushed for nearly 3 hours.

Quoting Giselle1992:

i was in 8 hours of labor and 4 pushes my baby came out he was 6 pounds 14 ounces and 20 inches...i was induced but it went very well

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momalee40
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Pitocin makes contractions hard from the start instead of building like natural labor. I understand you have reason to do it but i would suggest not letting them break your water to speed things up, look it up, its better for you and baby . You will probably do fine just dont let them push you. With inductions they want to hurry everything up. I have some issues with this baby that may force induction but otherwise they better keep it away from me. !
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM
First baby??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)