Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I AM her mother!!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

Every now and then someone makes an ignorant comment about DD being adopted. No, I was not pregnant, I did not give birth, I did not breastfeed, I was not the first one to hold/feed/hug her....But I was her first REAL mother!!! I hope it is ignorance and not stupidity!!

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM

what kind of ignorant comment?  I think adoption is wonderful and those parents work just as hard if not harder for their children to show love.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Comment.....so your not her mother? does she know she is adopted?(of course, she has known since she was a toddler and she is now 14), who is her father?(my ex-husband), weren't you scared she might be messed up?(her mom used drugs for the whole pregnancy)

starsis68
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM
It takes more to being a parant to jast having the babby is the every day stuff. You do for the child that makes a parant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I was adopted. Here's how it was explained to me: I was loved SO MUCH that I was picked out and paid for. All the biological babies had to be made to be loved so I was special.
I never got any flack about it, but if I did, I was told to repeat that because it was the truth. My adoptive parents are my parents. Not the people who made me because they only wanted me until I wasn't cute and new anymore.
Anyone who thinks an adopted child isn't a real child is just plain wrong. And probably wishes someone would have adopted and loved them as much as you love your daughter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmericanChild82
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM

You look at those morons and say "I've raised her, nursed her fevers, kissed her boo boo's and bought her her first bra. If that doesn't make me a mother I don't know what would." Then I'd look at them and say "btw, you're opinion, yeah it doesn't matter. "

TexanMomOf6
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I get that question too.  I feel like saying No, I stole him!!  But that could backfire and cause CPS to get into my business.... yikes!!!

irishmama1007
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM
That sucks people can be so stupid. I have a friend who has 1 natural born son and 2 adopted sons and they are all the same age. I refer to them as her triplets.
mcarsel89
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Ha ha ha!! that's funny! I can just imagine someone saying "NO he's my precious!!! MINNEEEE!!" and grabbing the child and running. That'd freak some peoples out lol

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

I get that question too.  I feel like saying No, I stole him!!  But that could backfire and cause CPS to get into my business.... yikes!!!

lovehimforever
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I'm a birth mother and ignorant people like that piss me off. Why do they care anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Who cares what other people think.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN