Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother of a two girls, 10 & 6, need tooth fairy advice?? 10 yr old found her tooth!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello,

To other fellow moms, I have been really good over the years at keeping up with my " tooth fairy" and " Santa" duties.

However last night my 10 year old lost her tooth, she still believes, or did believe in the tooth fairy. UNTIL this morning when we were getting ready for school she found her tooth that I took last night wrapped up in the tissue.

She is at school but would like to know how to handle this later, should I  just tell her the  truth about the tooth fairy OR should I make up something to keep her believing?? I am torn. I don't want to break her heart but at the same I don't want to lie.

Please help. Thank you so  much!

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kermitthemom23
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Id wait until she asks yoy but then id spill. But then remind her that "if you dont believe you dont receive" and how its important not to blow it for the younger one. Im sure getting $$ is worth keepung up the story dir a few more years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kermitthemom23
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Oh and I always flush.
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Just tell her. I think 10 is a good age to know "the secret". Tell her she is old enough to know the secret and has to keep it from her sister. She will think of it as cool, and not devastating. 

asoled
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Thank you so much for confirming this for me. I was thinking of doing this, but wasn't sure if it was the right thing. Thank you.

trulyblessed618
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM
You could tell her that the tooth fairy left this tooth for mommy as a keepsake. The tooth fairy doesn't want to be greedy and thinks that moms should get to have one tooth from every kid and likes to surprise the parent ... So you were just as surprised to see it.
Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM

This is what I would do, seeing she is 10 :)

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Just tell her. I think 10 is a good age to know "the secret". Tell her she is old enough to know the secret and has to keep it from her sister. She will think of it as cool, and not devastating. 

BabyFruit Ticker
January1964
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Either 1) the tooth fairy dropped it or 2) tell her the truth and make her feel important by telling her not to tell her sister. But, if she knows the truth, does she still get money?

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM
This is why my girls put their teeth In a dixie cup. Easily thown away and not lost. Say tooth fairy dropped it or the truth. She is 10 and old enough. Many already know about Santa and the tooth fairy before that age even. Yes, you give money if she knows. Do you stop giving presents if they know about Santa. Yes you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Tell her you wrote the tooth fairy a note and asked her if you could keep just one of her baby teeth now that she's getting to be so big.

robbinsroost
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

At 10 I would tell her the truth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured