Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

First time mom in need of advice.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 15 Replies
My 9 month old daughter has been going through a "phase" lately where it's been a struggle to get her to eat. I've tried everything I can think of. She will scream and cry, squirm and throw fits when her father or I try to give her a bottle or tippy cup. I've given her Tylenol and gas drops, orajel for her teeth. She still is just not wanting to eat. It's been like this for three days. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks so much!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-PB
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM

My dd went through that at 11 months when she was cutting her first set of teeth.  She went an entire 7 days only eating cheerios and drinking milk.  Have you tried teething feeders? 

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM

My daughter did that (about that age too) when she was "asserting her independence."  We figured out real fast that, in our instance, she would only eat at the table with us.  Period.  She was done with the baby stuff.  She wanted real food and she wanted it now.  Once we started to give her a "plate" of our food (cut/mashed/made for her) she was much more agreeable to our terms later.  She was always a little shit, starting at a very young age, God love her...

kobo.mom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:16 PM
No sorry, but good luck hope she comes around soon.
Mimee1971
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:20 PM

My son is now 15months and is still teething and at a picky stage.  At 9 months he ate just about anything.  Teething has been an issue since about 5 months old.  Basically he has gone almost a week eating just soft items like yogurt, toast, pasta's etc.  I also have been giving him veggie pouches which he likes.  Not only is he still teething he is also so independent now and hates sitting in the high chair.  As long as she is hydrated and drinking plenty of fluids and eating a little she should be okay.  Double check everything through the Pediatrician.  We used to call ours weekly.  Good luck!

Moe1521
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Thanks everyone! She had no problem eating her baby food, she's only doing this with her bottles. I got her to drink 3 oz of formula just now, but it was tough. I had to put her in her chair and have her sit straight up. She got her bottom two teeth in about 2 months ago, but I'm not feeling any others coming in. I have helped raise many of my nieces and nephews, but I don't remember any of them doing something like this.....
PaulaChillz
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM

No advice sorry, hope she wants to eat soon.

Moe1521
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Also, somewhat on the same topic... She only has her two bottom teeth. For right now she is only eating puréed baby food from the store. She hasn't had table food yet. I'm a little nervous to give her anything, because I don't know when she will be able to eat those types of things. When should I start her on finger foods, like baby puffs or Cheerios and table foods?
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM
9 months is a big time in their lives. They go through growth spurts, assert indep, and hit new milestones . Fussy eating is normal.
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Is she pooping ok? If so she's probably just not hungry or theres more important stuff to do like playing and such. A few missed meals won't kill a kid. Cut down on snacks to if you ate giving any. As long as she's getting liquids she will eat when she's hungry. If she hasn't pooped in a few days then call your doc.
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Is she pooping ok? If so she's probably just not hungry or theres more important stuff to do like playing and such. A few missed meals won't kill a kid. Cut down on snacks to if you ate giving any. As long as she's getting liquids she will eat when she's hungry. If she hasn't pooped in a few days then call your doc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN