Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Hip pain, help!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ever since I was a few months preg with my DS I've had excruciating hip pain. In 1 hip mostly. The OB said that it was normal. But now my DS will be a yr old in 1 wk, and it STILL hurts! The crazy part is one min it'll be fine, then the painr comes back fierce, for days. It hurts to lay down, to walk, to lean to the side... sometimes I get stuck on the floor because I can't get up. Then out of the blue it disappears. Now the pain has spread to my tailbone and I can't stand this much longer. Has anyone else had this?? What can I do?! Stretching has not helped. and Ibupro only dulls the pain.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Hmm, I think you need to see another doctor or a chiropractor to see what is going on.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I agree with a previous reply, you should definitely talk to your doctor about this.

Quoting knoxmomof3:

Ever since I was a few months preg with my DS I've had excruciating hip pain. In 1 hip mostly. The OB said that it was normal. But now my DS will be a yr old in 1 wk, and it STILL hurts! The crazy part is one min it'll be fine, then the painr comes back fierce, for days. It hurts to lay down, to walk, to lean to the side... sometimes I get stuck on the floor because I can't get up. Then out of the blue it disappears. Now the pain has spread to my tailbone and I can't stand this much longer. Has anyone else had this?? What can I do?! Stretching has not helped. and Ibupro only dulls the pain.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Is it your hip or is it really more on your lower back, just over your hip? Because what you're describing sounds like what I experienced with both of my pregnancies, Sciatica, or inflammation of the sciatic nerve which causes intense pain along the hip, back, tailbone, and even down into the leg. Either way, talk to another doctor or chiropractor, and let them know how excruciating the pain is and that you need relief. ((HUGS))

LancesMom
Yesterday at 5:56 PM
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Oh no! Have you had an MRI! I found out (do to other issues) my hip pain was deterioration. I'd have it checked.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Physical therapy might help. Go to an orthopedist and get an evaluation. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)