Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Mom, New Member, Love Advice!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, my name is Jennifer.  I live in CA and have a 4mos baby boy.  I am from a large family with 9 children, so I thought I knew what I was doing, but it turns out things are a little different when you are the mom yourself.

I work full-time and so does my husband.  My mother watches my baby when I am at work.  

My big issue right now is I am having major problems sleeping because my husband snores.  There is not really anywhere else in the house I can sleep, and he "wants to be with me" so won't leave the room when he snores.  I've tried earplugs, white noise, everything.  I am exhausted!  Any advice???

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM
My husband snores to at times. I usually nudge him or move him in a different position. Maybe ask him to use nasal strips. Oh and welcome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM

hey welcome to the group!  :)

has your husband ever tried those breath right strips?  i snore..lol..and i know when i use them i dont snore..or at least not as loud! (so my daughter tells me anyways...)

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Welcome Jennifer!

Have you suggested to your husband that he talk to his doctor about having a sleep study done?  Has HE done anything to help with his snoring problem?

Quoting music_n_theatre:

Hi, my name is Jennifer.  I live in CA and have a 4mos baby boy.  I am from a large family with 9 children, so I thought I knew what I was doing, but it turns out things are a little different when you are the mom yourself.

I work full-time and so does my husband.  My mother watches my baby when I am at work.  

My big issue right now is I am having major problems sleeping because my husband snores.  There is not really anywhere else in the house I can sleep, and he "wants to be with me" so won't leave the room when he snores.  I've tried earplugs, white noise, everything.  I am exhausted!  Any advice???

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I use earplugs, and my grandma used to sew a tennis ball in the back of my grandpa's pajamas so he wouldn't sleep on his back. That stopped the snoring, LOL! 

music_n_theatre
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM

He has tried the breathe right strips and they don't help.,.  He tends to snore worse on his back, but no matter what position it doesn't stop.  I'm 95% sure he has sleep apnea because he stops breathing and then sucks in air violently, and that is what really keeps me awake.  I keep telling him he needs to go to a sleep clinic, but he seems very reluctant to go, no matter how adament I am about it.  Earplugs don't work for me because they don't block out EVERYTHING and I have a very active brain so it takes me a good while to get to sleep and I can still hear him, and I also worry about the stopping breathing thing.  He tells me I should just wake him up and tell him he is snoring, but after three times, I give up.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured