Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

hurry hurry

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:24 AM
  • 11 Replies
Home remedies for an ear that hurts???

And a ulcer in your mouth?

My ulcer is under my tongue on my gums.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM

so on your lower jaw gum line ..... I usually just let it heal on its own with either a salt rinse or a half peroxide/ half water solution, both are swish and spits.   Ear hurting you can try a few drops of peroxide and using something to get it out.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM
When my dd fell and tore up her mouth her dentist said to use peroxyl on it. It wasn't healing properly but with that stuff it healed so fast!
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Im gonna say ouch on that!

Poor little one

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

When my dd fell and tore up her mouth her dentist said to use peroxyl on it. It wasn't healing properly but with that stuff it healed so fast!

StrawberryCool
Yeah.

But on the inside.

Quoting frndlyfn:

so on your lower jaw gum line ..... I usually just let it heal on its own with either a salt rinse or a half peroxide/ half water solution, both are swish and spits.   Ear hurting you can try a few drops of peroxide and using something to get it out.

StrawberryCool
I was just told that peroixde is for clogged ears

Quoting frndlyfn:

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Oh the gums were the minor part at that. She knocked her front teeth loose. They solidified but the nerve was damaged and became infected. By the time her tooth was pulled the infection had eaten away at the root completely exposing the nerve. Poor girl was only 21 months old :( it was quite the ordeal. She will be 3 in April and still remembers it.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Poor little one

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM

You didnt specify why the ear was hurting so i suggested one of the cure alls.  Laying on an ice pack or heat pad can also help.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting frndlyfn:

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Okay.

Thanks.

Yeah im getting what husband had last week.

Quoting frndlyfn:

You didnt specify why the ear was hurting so i suggested one of the cure alls.  Laying on an ice pack or heat pad can also help.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting frndlyfn:

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Oh my.

Little ones memories are simply amazing.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Oh the gums were the minor part at that. She knocked her front teeth loose. They solidified but the nerve was damaged and became infected. By the time her tooth was pulled the infection had eaten away at the root completely exposing the nerve. Poor girl was only 21 months old :( it was quite the ordeal. She will be 3 in April and still remembers it.

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Poor little one

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Sweet_Carol_126
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:51 AM

My mother used to put warm baby oil in the ear.  I am not sure it works but that is what she did.

The ulcer in the mouth, there are some medications to dot on and it covers it and helps protect it.  They will automatically heal up after a few days if you can leave it alone and not make it sore again.  I've had them from drinking something hot or having a fever blister.  Just keep your tongue away from it and let it heal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN