Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

potty training

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM
  • 2 Replies

My daughter is 16 months old. Should we start looking out for potty training signs? If there no signs yet, is that bad? the other day before she took her bath. ( she takes a bath every morning and every night ) so i put on the potty to see what she would and she would let go of me, and she got scared. and the reason i did is because she always trys to come in that bathroom when we are using it. she like she look in the potty. ( how it works. ) She was only on the potty for a few sec. Do you think that was a bad idea? I know every child is different. But do you have any advice for us?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cutiesings2u
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

every child potty trains differently.  Some start early, it is when they feel ready.  They will def let you know when they are ready.  It is a really good sign that she sat on the potty for a little bit.  I almost had my son potty trained before he turned 2, but, then towards the end of my pregnancy with my daughter I was no longer able to work with him.  I do know that he likes to watch my husband and I when we use the restroom.   We are working on getting him to stop watching me and only follow his Dad.  If she is willing to sit on the potty that is really good.  Also watch how she reacts when she is going potty in her diaper.  She is def ready if she is starting to recognize when she needs to go.  When you notice her squatting, ask her if she needs to go to the potty.  It is always a good idea to encourage her to use the potty.  

busy mom

QTSINGS <3

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

How is it going? Any potty training success yet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)