Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Diaper Bag or Purse

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 11 Replies

Have any of you noticed that need for a large diaper bag isn't as necessary in the toddler years. I end up just putting 2 diapers and small wipe container in my own purse. It gets pretty sloppy though because I do end up putting snacks in there too... do any of you have a great mini diaper bag? Which one do you like? or would it be called a toddler bag....

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StacyO722
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

After the 1st couple months I ditched the diaper bag. I just used a bigger purse.

Definitely when DD was a toddler and didn't need the bottles, etc. I used a regular purse.

Now, I have a teeny tiny one and love it...lol. But I'll be going back to the diaper bag in a few months, so better enjoy it while I can :P

mom2bahandcch
by Queen of the World on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I used the big bag. I had a 1 1/2 year old and a newborn, so it just made sense. When I only had one in diapers though I used a purse and a smallish diaper bag.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:45 PM

You could just use a tote bag....

DonnaPinitonya
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I sell Avon and I use the Butler Bag. It has dividers and multiple pockets, super organized- easy for me to transition from work and home and my 4 yr old knows which pocket she can get into for her snack. 

I have 2- my 4 yr old who is potty trained and a 7 month old who's diaper, wipes and pair of socks stay in my purse for short trips. 

I LOVE IT! lol

DonnaPinitonya
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Oh and DH uses a back pack for a diaper bag. :)

crazy4u49033
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I sell 31 and use the Metro Retro bag. It's a cute casual bag and has plenty of room for stuff. Sometimes I put the baby items in a large zippered pouch. This way I can easy grab the small bag out.
RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM
My dd was fully potty trained by 18 months (she is almost 2 1/2 now) from then on I've just used a small backpack type thing that's small enough for her that I let her pick out that I keep an extra change of clothes & extra panties for just in case and then a few snacks in there. Before then I switched to a smaller diaper bag around 11 months & used it until she was potty trained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amatheu
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I love the Zip Lock bag idea!!

mackiebugsmom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I actually just started doing that too, I love not having to carry and pack so much :)
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I use a messenger bag for a diaper bag from birth. I have extra clothes, diapers, wipes, nursing cover, 'my stuff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)