Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

If you have an intact boy, or care for an intact boy: Do you know about intact care?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 42 Replies
5 moms liked this

*Disclaimer* This is not a debate post. I don't want anyone saying anything about why you should/n't circumcise. It's not meant for that. I am just posting this to make people aware of what the dr.'s and nurses are doing and advising people when it comes to INTACT baby boys.

I just wanted to make this post because a friend of mine recently gave birth in the hospital. The pediatrician came in and told her to start working on pulling her son's foreskin back "to clean it." She told her, "I want him to be completely retractable by the age of one."  I know countless moms who have intact baby boys and the same is happening to them. They literally have to have an off limits policy from the dr.'s or nurses as far as their child's penis. It's ridiculous!!

Another friend of mine had her 8 month old at the pediatrician's office and the RN came over took his diaper off and as quick as you could blink just RIPPED his foreskin down. It made the poor baby scream and bleed profusely. This happens ALL THE TIME.

Okay, now for the good info. DON'T LISTEN TO THESE UNINFORMED DR.'S AND NURSES.

Only clean what is seen. Never pull back the foreskin of an intact baby. It is fused. It stays fused until they are much older. That fusion protects the child. It's like a girl's hymen. You wouldn't go get something to clean out the inside of a baby girls vagina and break the hymen right? Same idea!!

They *used* to be told to forcibly retract because when you tear that fusion from the foreskin and the glans it opens up the skin and allows microbes to get in which causes infections and something called phimosis. Then when the mom comes back in and says, "I've been retracting his foreskin and now it's tight, or infected." Then the dr. can say "AND THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE CIRCUMCISED HIM"

This is a MEDICAL SCAM!!

The chances of an intact penis to get an infection without having been forcibly retracted is NIL!

Infection and phony phimosis ARE NO REASON to circumcise.

If you encounter a dr. or nurse trying to or forcibly retracting boys, it is against ALL MEDICAL ETHICS. It is like ripping a fingernail off of a finger. They need to be reported. It isn't proper medical protocol. Also, there is a lawyer who works FOR NO COST TO YOU to bring these people to justice if something really bad happens to your child's  penis from uneducated medical staff. The Whole Network will send a care packet to your pediatrician/Dr.'s office to let them know WHAT THEIR OWN MEDICAL AUTHORITIES TELL THEM which is NO FORCIBLE RETRACTION of any intact boy.

I was just at the AAP conference and the lead urologist ON STAGE said that the .2% of infection that circumcision claims to prevent is caused 100% by forcible retraction.

Please don't let these people hurt your precious babies.

Please visit The Whole Network website, and Drmamma.org to find out more, and there they have all the scientific journals for you to link to. They have anatomies, and different lessons on the normal penis.

Thank you for reading.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I informed myself before my oldest was born, but it was very surprising how many doctors advised me to pull back the foreskin.  My dad's SO is a nurse and told me to as well.  Luckily, I knew not to follow their advice.

celestegood
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM
4 moms liked this
In fact, only the owner of said penis should retract that foreskin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zweedledee
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so glad you all know. Spread the word. There are many more moms these days choosing to keep their boys whole. They may come from families where everyone is circumcised, so they may not know.

Also, we need to enlighten the babysitters, nannies, and daycares. This problem occurs there too.

Once that fusion is broken, it's up to that child's body on how it will heal.

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
My SIL was told to circumcise her son because it was the best way to heal his UTI.

WHAAAT..?!
Her husband refused to let that happen and he got better in a few days with antibiotics.
Because she didn't do the circumcision, the doctor says she should pull his skin back and SCRUB him at bath time. I noticed her giving him a bath and doing this and she was wondering why he was screaming so much when taking a bath lately.

DUH. YOU'RE HURTING HIM. I didn't even have a baby and I knew not to tear back the skin. So she stopped doing this and has since not had a fussy kid.
Some people are born without logic, I think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelgrace32
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

BRAVO Zweedledee!! Someone needs to speak for the little ones. Lawsuits seem to be the only way to stop abusive treatment like this.

Kaya529
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
My mom almost accidently did that to DS. Thank God I noticed before she hurt him. She just didn't know any better.

As for doctors, many aren't used to seeing uncircumcised boys so you should always be ready to educate. Sometimes they just don't realize what they are doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Glad I didn't encounter these type of medical professionals.  I never forcibly retracted my son's foreskin and he was able to stay clean.  He's a teenager now, so his doctor has told him about how to clean himself.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Holy shit. It is NOT abuse. Wow.

Quoting angelgrace32:

BRAVO Zweedledee!! Someone needs to speak for the little ones. Lawsuits seem to be the only way to stop abusive treatment like this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zweedledee
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM

If you ripped a baby's foreskin off, it IS abuse. It's exactly like ripping a fingernail right off of a finger. Yes, that IS abuse.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting angelgrace32:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I am talking circumcision. Many think it is abuse.

Quoting zweedledee:

If you ripped a baby's foreskin off, it IS abuse. It's exactly like ripping a fingernail right off of a finger. Yes, that IS abuse.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting angelgrace32:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)