Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need Advice Please!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hello to all! Hope your all having a great day! My name is Michelle, I am 46 I have 3 grown children and 3 adorable Grandkids, I have been living with my boyfriend for 13 years, he is not the childrens Father, he really never has been! The current situation I am dealing with is my Son (20 years old) got a job about 10 min from my house, he lives with his gf her brother and her Mom, they had a car that belonged to the Moms Dad, he came and got the car, now they have no transportation. I have been giving my son a ride to and from work, he gives me gas money. I am hearing from my bf that I am being a taxicab and he needs to find his own ride. If anyone has delt with this in their own personal life what did you do? I only ask for advice not judgement! ty,have a nice weekend

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I don't see that helping your son is a bad thing. Why does it bother your boyfriend?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Michelle980
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I have tried to understand it, I cant we were brought up differently, I am all about helping people and he says he thinks he will be dependant on me forever. he wont! 

starr377
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM

i agree with Mrsfarr. you are helping your son. it's not like you are giving them all rides. they respect you not to call you and to be at their beck'n'call for rides everywhere, even your son. he's asking for rides to WORK not the mall, etc. and he's giving you gas money like a resectable adult to help you out, not expecting you to do it just because your his mom.

Quoting Mrsfarr:

I don't see that helping your son is a bad thing. Why does it bother your boyfriend?

hugs

Bleacheddecay
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Children come first and it's none of your bf's business, IMO.

Michelle980
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM

thank you

woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Children come first and it's none of your bf's business, IMO.

This.  You are doing nothing wrong.  Personally, if I had a boyfriend who didnt like the fact that I was helping out one of my kids for a while, I would tell him to piss off. 
Just keep doing what your heart tells you to do for your kids.  If your boyfriend doesnt like it, its HIS problem, not yours.

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I dont see anything wrong with that. He is your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
It's great that you want to help your son and it's not.your boyfriend's place to tell you not to. However, you should give him a time limit...he has xxxx weeks/months to get his own transportation. If he doesn't, then he'll have to walk.
It's not to be mean, it just to make sure that he knows that he needs to take some responsibility and can't rely on you forever.

ericacarlson07
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

If he is giving you gas money, I don't see anything wrong with it. There is a difference when you are appreciated and when you are being used.

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
He's your son! If course your goin to help him especially if he gives you gas money. Sorry but your boyfriend is nothin compared to your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN