Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I am afraid strangers will judge me for...* Edited to add*

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 340 Replies
2 moms liked this

Formula feeding. I know I can't do anything about the way people act, or think, but I hate being judged as it is. I know I will get dirty looks and whispers behind my back. I just wish I could wear a sign telling people why I am not breastfeeding the child in my arms. Just venting....thanks for listening.

Edit : Formula feeding isn't something we are doing by choice. We are foster parents, there isn't another choice. I think that is why I am so worried about what others think. That they will not understand.
Also, for those suggesting it, we are not allowed to give foster babies breast milk, or breast feed them. We aren't even allowed to give unpasturized cows milk. It is our agencies rules.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM
38 moms liked this

Momma don't you dare feel intimidated by anyone for the choices you make. You know best what is best for your baby. Anyone looks or snickers tell them to suck it. I bottle fed and never heard anyone say anything bad.

offrdngal
by Terri on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM
17 moms liked this
Don't ever feel like you owe anyone an explanation. Don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for choosing to formula feed your child. It isn't anyone's business!!!!

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM
46 moms liked this
Look. You're a mom. You'll be judged for EVERY choice you make.

"Look at her kid. 40 degrees and no hat..."

"Look at her kid. S/he is eating McNuggets."

"Look at her kid. She has him/her in a stroller/carrier/out past 6pm/playing in the mud..."

Honey, I fought HARD to breastfeed, but I won't judge you for making a different choice. My main concern with the BF/FF debate is that women get supported with WHATEVER CHOICE they make. I will support you if you have made your choice and are happy with your decision. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I formula fed all 3 of my kids.. so what? One was a preemie. I never felt anyone gave me dirty looks or even thought anything of it. Why is it even a concern? They can give you dirty looks for your color, age, nationality.. why would formula feeding be the thing to give you dirty looks? I don't get it.  Besides, it could be breastmilk in the bottle for all they know. 

JeremysMom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM
25 moms liked this

You have been spending WAY too much time on Cafemom. I formula feed and never had anyone give me dirty looks, bad mouth me or anything in real life. Only the moms on here who don't have a life do that.

PinkParadox
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
People are crazy. Don't worry about what strangers say. For one, they have no bearing on your life. For two, they're just masking their own issues. Seriously.
doulala
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Why are you formula feeding?

whitleypittman
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
The only time i got a dirty look was when i bleached my hair blond and went shopping with my dd. Even then it was from elderly people. don't let them intimidate you!
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM
8 moms liked this
Because we are foster parents , we have no other choice.

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM

oh yes!  
Folks should know what you ARE doing and your limited options...
Are you making your own formula?

Because we are foster parents , we have no other choice.
Quoting doulala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN