Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I am afraid strangers will judge me for...* Edited to add*

Posted by   + Show Post

Formula feeding. I know I can't do anything about the way people act, or think, but I hate being judged as it is. I know I will get dirty looks and whispers behind my back. I just wish I could wear a sign telling people why I am not breastfeeding the child in my arms. Just venting....thanks for listening.

Edit : Formula feeding isn't something we are doing by choice. We are foster parents, there isn't another choice. I think that is why I am so worried about what others think. That they will not understand.
Also, for those suggesting it, we are not allowed to give foster babies breast milk, or breast feed them. We aren't even allowed to give unpasturized cows milk. It is our agencies rules.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Thank you :)

I have been given some very mean "snooty" looks for wearing my daughter, even comments about her being able to walk (this was when she was about 3). I have also been judged by my siblings for things, so it is hard to not worry.

Quoting snowangel1979:

WHAT, wait a minute, You are doing a great, great thing. A service to our most helpless of citizens, opening your heart and home and your worried about being judged about FF.

People are going to judge no matter what. Be a duck in water and let it slide off your back.

There's people who judge BFers too. Real life is not like cafe mom. People don't look at your every move and criticize.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I didn't make the choice to formula feed, we don't have another option. But I need to get into the mentality that it isn't anyone else's business.

Quoting offrdngal:

Don't ever feel like you owe anyone an explanation. Don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for choosing to formula feed your child. It isn't anyone's business!!!!

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies, I guess I need to stop worrying about what strangers think.
JeremysMom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Why should it be anyone's business on what she is doing and why?

Quoting doulala:

oh yes!  
Folks should know what you ARE doing and your limited options...
Are you making your own formula?

Because we are foster parents , we have no other choice.
Quoting doulala:

Why are you formula feeding?

MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It's no ones business anyhow. You do what you need to and screw all the rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I think she was meaning, people should know we are foster parents because it is pretty awesome lol!

Quoting JeremysMom:

Quoting doulala:

oh yes!  

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM

She came here to talk about it.     It is bothering her.     No need to be so insensitive-

Quoting JeremysMom:

Quoting doulala:

oh yes!  

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Thank you ladies, I guess I need to stop worrying about what strangers think.

I think you're gonna have to.
To offer children all that you can (and you are informed and working hard!) you will do what you're doing.

**To add, if possible, let others know!    I think it's great to share, raise awareness, and inspire!!

:-D

hugs

supermomz25
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:35 PM

it's your baby and it's nobody's business why you are choosing formula and not breastfeeding. just ignore those people. you do what you feel is best for you and your baby.

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I honestly feel that people see formula feeding in public as the norm. I would see more people judging if you were breastfeeding in public (though obviously you can't BF lol). I think most people are used to seeing a baby with a bottle, rather than a mom breastfeeding...That's what I've always seen growing up and only remember ever knowing 1 person who breastfed, but then I wasn't around a lot of people with babies, this was my nieces mom (now my half-brothers ex wife).

Plus people judge parents over everything like others said, don't let it bother you! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN