Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am afraid strangers will judge me for...* Edited to add*

Posted by   + Show Post

Formula feeding. I know I can't do anything about the way people act, or think, but I hate being judged as it is. I know I will get dirty looks and whispers behind my back. I just wish I could wear a sign telling people why I am not breastfeeding the child in my arms. Just venting....thanks for listening.

Edit : Formula feeding isn't something we are doing by choice. We are foster parents, there isn't another choice. I think that is why I am so worried about what others think. That they will not understand.
Also, for those suggesting it, we are not allowed to give foster babies breast milk, or breast feed them. We aren't even allowed to give unpasturized cows milk. It is our agencies rules.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Replies (281-290):
awesomeamylynn
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I bottle fed my babies and no-one said anything about it. Your babies, your choice. Stop worrying so much about what others may think and concentrate on your little one. That is all that really matters.

siobhanb
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:37 AM

this has become a big thing lately. even if you could breast feed this should be your decision only. Don't let people thinking they know better than you take away your joy in this baby by worrying what they think.  The universal They won't be raising this child and you are doing a wonderful thing by being a foster parent!

Awakened1
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Dont worry about a few sanctimomnies. Just do what you can for the baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KsenijaR
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:12 AM

You better do something about your fear o be judged, as this will happen all the time and will even get worse as your baby grows. It's a peculiar phenomenon, but everyone (even those, who don't have kids themselves) always know better how to raise your kid. So you either work out immunity or get stressed and irritated all the time..

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this

The older I get the less I care about what anyone thinks of me, let alone strangers.

Why on earth would you feel guilty by not being able to breastfeed your non-biological baby? Your boobs didn't get the message that it's time to feed your child because you didn't have the child.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I would worry more about taking care of the little one and a whole hell of a lot less on what other people think of you.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM

No, I cannot breastfeed my foster child. 
The agency forbids us to even give donor milk to foster infants. We have to use formula.  I can't even make my own formula.  

Quoting lalasha:

I have never seen a FF mom get a dirty look I on the other hand get treated like a sex offender for breast feeding in public. Don't pay anyone any attention and if you really really want to breast feed look in to SNS and induced lactation. Yes you can breast feed your foster child.

julesbouge
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Why are you worried about what other's think?  Do you judge mothers who don't breastfeed? 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

No, but I have been judged for it. 
I know everything I do, can and will, be judged by certain people.
This was just a vent, I know I need to work on not giving a shit.  

Quoting julesbouge:

Why are you worried about what other's think?  Do you judge mothers who don't breastfeed? 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I think it also stems from us not being able to have another child. Trying  for 2.5 years and me wanting so much to nurse another child. Now I can't. I kind of feel like I failed. 
This really was more of a vent than anything, thank you for your kind words. 

Quoting Uzma_mom_of_2:

The older I get the less I care about what anyone thinks of me, let alone strangers.

Why on earth would you feel guilty by not being able to breastfeed your non-biological baby? Your boobs didn't get the message that it's time to feed your child because you didn't have the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured