Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I am afraid strangers will judge me for...* Edited to add*

Posted by   + Show Post

Formula feeding. I know I can't do anything about the way people act, or think, but I hate being judged as it is. I know I will get dirty looks and whispers behind my back. I just wish I could wear a sign telling people why I am not breastfeeding the child in my arms. Just venting....thanks for listening.

Edit : Formula feeding isn't something we are doing by choice. We are foster parents, there isn't another choice. I think that is why I am so worried about what others think. That they will not understand.
Also, for those suggesting it, we are not allowed to give foster babies breast milk, or breast feed them. We aren't even allowed to give unpasturized cows milk. It is our agencies rules.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Replies (291-300):
ReniaEats
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM

DO what is best for your baby. I admit, when I hear a woman saying she WON'T breast feed because it's too uncomfortable or she doesn't want her boobs to sag, I tend to judge her a bit (even though I shouldn't). But usually when I see a Mom formula feeding my first assumption is that, for whatever reason, she couldn't breast feed.

Besides, the sad fact is, people who want to judge you will find something to judge you for no matter what you do. So know that you are doing an amazing thing already and love yourself and that baby. Anyone who is worth worrying about will do nothing but cheer you on.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Don't waste your time worrying about what others think.

janessa27
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM

You shouldn't worry about what other people think! I bottle fed both my babies and will bottle feed this one. It is none of anyone's business what I do with my children- as long as they are fed, loved, and well taken care of (which no one will ever be able to dispute).

pregnancy week by week
kaisermama
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM
if you have no choice don't let any of it bother you.
melissaaytes
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Screw what other people think!  You can't go through life thinking oh am I going to be judged for this...who cares!!!

meepsm0m2006
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I am currently pregnant with baby #2 I do not plan to breast feed .. did not breast feed DD who is perfectly healthy .. I was a Preemie baby and my milk ducts did not form properly therefore my breast milk isn't as healthy for baby as formula .. I dont care what folks think without knowing why I'm not breast feeding .. they can suck another part of me :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1stTimeMom1982
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Don't worry about what other people think hun! 

ZamilyMom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Whether anyone chooses to breastfeed or formula feed is a personal choice!  And sometimes, a mother has no choice in situations such as yours or in medical ones.  If others judge you, they are the ones with the problem, not you!!!!  I choose to breastfeed my children and wa s lucky to be successful doing that, but I do not negatively judge those who don't or can't.  No one else should either.

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I wouldn't worry, people are always going to wag their tongues. You're doing a great thing and honestly I never got weird looks or anything, so no worries.
KimBear80
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Honey, you don't have to explain yourself to any one. As long as you're doing things according to the agency and by the eyes of God, you're fine. People are going to hate, regardless. We wouldn't be able to know how much we can bear and what we can accomplish without haters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)