Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I am afraid strangers will judge me for...* Edited to add*

Posted by   + Show Post

Formula feeding. I know I can't do anything about the way people act, or think, but I hate being judged as it is. I know I will get dirty looks and whispers behind my back. I just wish I could wear a sign telling people why I am not breastfeeding the child in my arms. Just venting....thanks for listening.

Edit : Formula feeding isn't something we are doing by choice. We are foster parents, there isn't another choice. I think that is why I am so worried about what others think. That they will not understand.
Also, for those suggesting it, we are not allowed to give foster babies breast milk, or breast feed them. We aren't even allowed to give unpasturized cows milk. It is our agencies rules.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
JTE11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I'm a huge breastfeeding advocate and...I'd not judge you for formula feeding if I saw you out somewhere.  Unless I saw you mix it up right then and there I couldn't even know what was in the bottle, for all I know it could be breast milk so I'd just be making assumptions. People formula feed for all kinds of reasons so it would be pretty presumptuous of me to just decide to judge you on a situation I know nothing about. So, just feed your baby  and try not to worry about it. Some people are jerks but you can't live your life being afraid of what jerks are thinking. 

prp2014
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I have custody of my nephew from the time he was 3 weeks. He was formula fed of course and a few people who would be in the baby items aisle the same time I was tried to tell me about the benefits of breast feeding and all but other than that no one said anything. Don't worry about others and what they think its your choice and they can get over it.

armyvet06
by Ashley on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Don't let complete strangers get to you. I formula fed my dd. It doesnt matter how baby is eating. Ignore everyone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
It's no one else's business. If someone judges you for that, that says way more about them than it does about you. They have way too much time on their hands.
Autumn19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:48 PM
no one is really judging you. Its just this site.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Heck I been judge for breastfeeding.. it goes both ways
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I was a bf mom but I would NEVER give a ff mom a bad thought Honestly I think cm gives us a screwed view on things. I think the majority of people don't notice how a child is being fed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beth3721
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I don't think anyone ever said anything about me for formula feeding?  It's fine.  Do you have one of those formula containers that can hold like 3 bottles worth?  They work great for on the go.  Just thought I would throw that out there.

seahorsebaby11
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Why would "strangers' need to even be in your personal business? Why do you suppose you even care what others think about the issue? After WWII everyone did it and I suppose people who did BF were viewed as odd.

AtillaTheHun
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM

It is your child. You make the decisions. There is no need to worry about what others think. Hell, if they wanna bash you for it, let them do it. Whatever helps them to sleep at night. I came to the realization a long time ago that not giving a flying f*ck what others think about me makes life SO MUCH easier :) You cannot please everyone, and you shouldn't even feel that you have to. YOU have to be confident in your decisions and in yourself. That is all that matters. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)