Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i take her to see daddy?

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi guys Im new here and I have a question that I would like your opinion on. My fiance is in jail most likely until April and he wants to see our daughter. I'm very skeptical about going and bringing her.in that environment. What should I do She misses him dearly. And She keeps looking for him.Any suggestions or what would you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Replies (11-14):
Mommy_jessaboo
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

If I were you I would probably just tell her that daddy went away for a little bit but she can see him when he gets back.. and that it might seem like a long time but it will go fast.. and just try to keep her mind off of the situation. Do fun activities with her and stuff like that.. I hope everything works out! Good luck momma

Jessica198027
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Due to her age u may have to check ur jail rules, she may not be able to c him. Where I live they have to b 14 and have an adult with them when they go to c someone. U used to b able to take small kids to c the parent in jail but not anymore. So check the jail rules b4 u try to take her 2 c him.

Quoting HerMommy16:

She just turned one and he is at wayside .

zadesmom1998
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I took ds to see his dad when he was in jail. The meeting area was in a cafeteria setting. There were snack and soda machines. Another inmate took pics with a Polaroid for 2 bucks. It was for family visits. If I were to see him without ds it was in a little Booth with glass and phones. Check out the setting you will be introducing her too. They will make you take off your shoes and socks and they will do a pat down on both of you. Make sure you prepare her for that. Because it feels violating. If you have any other questions you can pm me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HerMommy16
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Thanks you guys this is really helpful....i love the unbiased opinions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured