Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I feel the need to vent....

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am a mother of three childern,two girls and a son.My oldest have Autism and have to have 24hr supervision.I recieve no support from friends and family member.Due to my daughter having Autism she alot of medical issues and behavior problems.I had to stop working to take care of her and my other two.Their father and I separated yrs ago,he is now married,He does not help much and he use the kids to hurt me by not helping much,as well as using me for sexual favor to help with whatever the kids and house needs.If we have no food in the house,i have to sleep with him to help,if am short on a bill or need a ride to the store its all the same thing I have to sleep with him to get him to do anything to help,i live on a fixed income from the goverment and it doen't cover all my lifestyle needs.I am sick to my stomach of him and this.Please don't lable me as a bad person,i don't like doing this but I feel helpless,my car is broken down and I try but can't seem to get ahead,i feel trapped...What do I do.911 please
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Why are you allowing the #&_#%&_#%& control like this?   For heavens sake, talk to dept of social services and get a support order that makes him pay you money no strings attached.  This is wrong on so many levels.  Does his wife know about it?  A womens group like a shelter also may have resources to get you help.   What lifestyle needs do you have besides food, shelter and clothing?  Not much else matters until those are taken care of.

breebree04
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I know its hard being a single mom and on top of it you cant work but theres got to be another way than sleeping with your married ex to get what you need. If your children have disabilities and you cant work you should be able to get PA........food stamps, cash assistance, rent assistance, ect. I hope you look into other options

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Welcome!

Stop sleeping with this man, he's being abusive and using you.  Instead you need to contact legal aid and see if you can get your child support increased. 

You also need to talk to your daughter's doctor about respite care so that you can have some time to do things that need to be done without constantly having to worry about her.

Quoting heartfelt3:

I am a mother of three childern,two girls and a son.My oldest have Autism and have to have 24hr supervision.I recieve no support from friends and family member.Due to my daughter having Autism she alot of medical issues and behavior problems.I had to stop working to take care of her and my other two.Their father and I separated yrs ago,he is now married,He does not help much and he use the kids to hurt me by not helping much,as well as using me for sexual favor to help with whatever the kids and house needs.If we have no food in the house,i have to sleep with him to help,if am short on a bill or need a ride to the store its all the same thing I have to sleep with him to get him to do anything to help,i live on a fixed income from the goverment and it doen't cover all my lifestyle needs.I am sick to my stomach of him and this.Please don't lable me as a bad person,i don't like doing this but I feel helpless,my car is broken down and I try but can't seem to get ahead,i feel trapped...What do I do.911 please

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I absolutely agree. You need to talk to the attorney generals office of child support enforcement. He cannot use you like this.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Why are you allowing the #&_#%&_#%& control like this?   For heavens sake, talk to dept of social services and get a support order that makes him pay you money no strings attached.  This is wrong on so many levels.  Does his wife know about it?  A womens group like a shelter also may have resources to get you help.   What lifestyle needs do you have besides food, shelter and clothing?  Not much else matters until those are taken care of.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I agree 100%.

Quoting frndlyfn:

heartfelt3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Thank you for your advice,you are right I feel bad and askGod to forgive me everyday.I get child support 269 dollars a month just not enough support ti care for them and a SSI payment for my daught of 620.I put in for more child support but was.deined.I will go to legal aid for help but I am sick of this monster....again thank you
heartfelt3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Thank you...
heartfelt3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Thank you so much for your advice,you have been very help.I kno he's using me,i hate that I have been doing this,its wrong and I pray and ask God to forgive me everyday.I will try to look into help in a different way from other services.again thank you.
shamroc374
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
You should be able to get community transportation. Have you contacted your United Way? They can help you get the resources you need.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Quoting heartfelt3:

Thank you for your advice,you are right I feel bad and askGod to forgive me everyday.I get child support 269 dollars a month just not enough support ti care for them and a SSI payment for my daught of 620.I put in for more child support but was.deined.I will go to legal aid for help but I am sick of this monster....again thank you

$269.00 a month for 3 children?!   20 yrs ago I got $350.00 a month for 2 kids.  I'm sorry you feel you have to subject yourself to his abuse.  His poor wife.  Get involved with a local church and see if you can find a food bank near by.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)