Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Best Deals on Cribs/Changing Tables?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi! It's been an entire DECADE since I've been pregnant. Back then, GRACO was stellar. Now, I've been hearing less than glowing reviews. The prices for cribs/changing tables have skyrocketted as well. What brands would you recommend and where are the best places to look?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Do you want a combo or each item separate?   I used a pack n play for dd instead of a crib with bars,

Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

IDK what my crib is...I bought it used for 20 at a garage sale, and let me tell you its super nice and was well kept. I went that rout because its hard to find cribs with drop down sides and im short and can't reach my child when the matteress gets dropped any lower so I need the drop down side. 

My stroller/car seat combo is Greaco....I love them, not a fan of evenflo. both brands have pros and cons. Costco is also a good brand, when i got T-Boned in 2008 with my DD in the car (she was 2 at the time) her car seat didn't budge at all, we did get a new one just to be safe however, she said well put in her spot.

good luck and congrats

SuperHumanC
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I guess I was thinking a convertible crib/bed just to get the most bang for our buck. But, I didn't know pack n play's can be used for that! In fact, I'm not even totally sure what a pack n play is LOL But I will definitely check it out :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Do you want a combo or each item separate?   I used a pack n play for dd instead of a crib with bars,

SuperHumanC
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM

With my son, eons ago LOL, I got my crib/table set for $100 from a baby consignment shop and lots of his clothes from garage sales. I'm not opposed to second hand stuff by any means! However, since moving to Charlotte, NC from a different state...I'm noticing there aren't many garage sales at all around here. Maybe I'm just not searching right? :(

Thanks for the input, I will check out those carseats! I'm glad your DD was safe & sound...hope you & whomever else was too :)

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

IDK what my crib is...I bought it used for 20 at a garage sale, and let me tell you its super nice and was well kept. I went that rout because its hard to find cribs with drop down sides and im short and can't reach my child when the matteress gets dropped any lower so I need the drop down side. 

My stroller/car seat combo is Greaco....I love them, not a fan of evenflo. both brands have pros and cons. Costco is also a good brand, when i got T-Boned in 2008 with my DD in the car (she was 2 at the time) her car seat didn't budge at all, we did get a new one just to be safe however, she said well put in her spot.

good luck and congrats

Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM

It was just DD and myself, some jerk ran a red light, we are doing good now. We had issues with her wetting herself again and I had MASSIVE arm pain. it took 3 years to settle but its all done now

Quoting SuperHumanC:

With my son, eons ago LOL, I got my crib/table set for $100 from a baby consignment shop and lots of his clothes from garage sales. I'm not opposed to second hand stuff by any means! However, since moving to Charlotte, NC from a different state...I'm noticing there aren't many garage sales at all around here. Maybe I'm just not searching right? :(

Thanks for the input, I will check out those carseats! I'm glad your DD was safe & sound...hope you & whomever else was too :)

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

good luck and congrats

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I will look for you a convertible crib/bed.

A pack n play looks like this ..... She loved it and i loved it since there were no bars to get stuck in.

Graco Century Pack 'n' Play Playard, Jungle Boogie

Quoting SuperHumanC:

I guess I was thinking a convertible crib/bed just to get the most bang for our buck. But, I didn't know pack n play's can be used for that! In fact, I'm not even totally sure what a pack n play is LOL But I will definitely check it out :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought my crib.  My changing table is a changing pad on his dresser.  I would look at amazon. They have awesome deals.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM

http://www.diapers.com/p/dream-on-me-3-in-1-portable-convertible-crib-cherry-341551?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=RJ-229&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1406161227&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=RJ-229&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

280.49 for this combo which i like. 

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11888739

Picture of it in an actual room .

SuperHumanC
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Wow! THANK YOU for adding pictures! :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

280.49 for this combo which i like. 

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11888739

Picture of it in an actual room .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)