Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Sleep training??

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM
  • 3 Replies
My almost 6 mo old is up every 2-4 hours and this has been going on for a month. He used to sleep through the night. He is working on crawling and maybe a growth spurt....maybe teething? Would sleep training even work with so much development stuff happening? Suggestions/references? My husband and I don't want to do CIO method. But we really need to get some sleep!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jld4
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Have you heard of Ferber? It isn't CIO, but in some ways similar. I have issues with my girls (they are 4&2), but one had acid reflux as an infant and our youngest had a lot of changes..my husband was let go, so we had a lot of changes starting at 3 months. I remember hearing that its "ok" to go to them until about 9 months but after they are learning manipulation. In my opinion, only because I still struggle w/my girls, start to work on it ASAP. Prob not ugh help, but we modified Ferber which worked for us.

m.clark85
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM

When I had my second son, my obg/yn suggested the book "the happiest baby on the block." It was a life saver! It has some great ideas on getting a child to sleep through the night. After I read it and started doing some of the things it suggested, I had no problemes getting him to sleep through the night.

MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I don't subscribe to CIO either.  However, the Ferber method is an extremely effective middle option.  There is a little crying involved.  I did have to decide it just wasn't right for two of my kids, but it was WONDERFUL for one of them!!!  It's hard for the parent, but as long as the baby isn't responding in such a way that the parent believes they are doing emotional harm to the child, it's definitely worth a fair trial.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN