Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Potty training at night

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

I need some tips. My 5 yr old is fully potty trained during the day but we still struggle at night. She doesn't have any drinks after 6:30 pm and uses the bathroom before bed at 8. We were using pull-ups for a while but then she decided that she wanted to be a big girl and wear underware to bed. We tried that for a few months and it was going ok. She would have 2 great nights and then 3-4 where she would wake up wet. The drs have told me that night time is the hardest to train. She is getting frustrated and mad at herself because we went back to pull-ups (her choice). I have told her that its ok and she shouldn't be mad. I just hate to see her feeling like this. Is there anything that I can do to help her?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Her bladder might not be mature enough yet.  She will eventually make it through the night without peeing.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

OctoberCutie07
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Thank you!   On a seperate note how did you get that cool little ticker at the bottom of your comment?

StacyO722
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Be patient. Night time potty training is not something you can teach. The child needs to have enough of the chemical that tells their brain to wake up when their bladder is full. If they are not producing enough yet, they will not wake themselves up when they have to go. I agree with the PP, she will not be wetting the bed forever.

Good luck Mama :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
OctoberCutie07
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Quoting StacyO722:

Be patient. Night time potty training is not something you can teach. The child needs to have enough of the chemical that tells their brain to wake up when their bladder is full. If they are not producing enough yet, they will not wake themselves up when they have to go. I agree with the PP, she will not be wetting the bed forever.

Thanks! I keep telling her that its ok and its not her fault it just bothers me to see her get mad at herself like she does.

StacyO722
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww. That would be heartbreaking if she's so down on herself. Just keep doing what you're doing Mama. Give her big hugs & assure her it will be ok.

Quoting OctoberCutie07:

Quoting StacyO722:

Thanks! I keep telling her that its ok and its not her fault it just bothers me to see her get mad at herself like she does.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
OctoberCutie07
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM

It is but it's getting a little better. I just keep reminding her that its not her fault and that its ok. I also try to wake her up before I go to bed so that she can use the bathroom and sometimes that helps too.

Quoting StacyO722:

Aww. That would be heartbreaking if she's so down on herself. Just keep doing what you're doing Mama. Give her big hugs & assure her it will be ok.

Quoting OctoberCutie07:

Quoting StacyO722:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN