Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should we tip?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 16 Replies
We're having dd's bday party at a ranch and this is the 1st time we're paying to have it somewhere. Is it customary to tip at places like that? It includes pony rides & a hay ride...do we tip all the helpers? Only the manager/owner? No one because its all included in what we're paying to host the party there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_l
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually you add a tip on at the end and the owner splits it up.

Happy birthday to your DD!

Eta: when I say tip the owner I am only meaning give a tip at the end when you sign the bill where they normally have a place dedicated to a tip. They say that they split them up fairly. This is normally how it works at party places.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Thank you!

Quoting mama_l:

Usually you add a tip on at the end and the owner splits it up.

Happy birthday to your DD!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM

honestly i wouldnt have even thought to tip..if it was someone doing it out of their own time, at their house etc...sure..but if its a birthday party package type thing, i dont think the thought of tipping would have even crossed my mind...

kim8934
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM

depends what everyone does.  I doubt I would tip a manager/owner, that is usually included in the package.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I wouldn't tip. I don't think you are supposed to tip the owner anyway.

edieda
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM

This is something you should have discussed with the owners and or the management at the ranch, before the day of the party, Was this something planned in advance ?Since you mentioned that is being paid for, is this already included in the fee for the party. If it is then there is no need to do any tipping. however if you are still concerned about this matter , pull the manager/owner aside and ask if you do have  to tip, then go from there.   Have fun at the party.

kali_mom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM
How exciting I am sure it will be fun. As for the matter on tips, I would speak with management and ask the policy on tipping for events such as yours. I am sure they will be more than happy to help accommodate you.
storkradio193
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I would call and ask what is typical.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM

About asking the manager- the answer I always get is that you should do as you like.

AuntyEm774
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM
If you get great service I would definitely tip--but normally not the owner/manager, just the staff.

When I worked guiding trail rides I always appreciated any tips (most of the time it is a minimum wage job) but I also didn't expect to always receive a tip. (After all, it was my job!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN