Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Group Advice?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm searching Cafe Mom groups, trying to find other Moms who understand my situation. I have two children of my own (a son 6, a daughter 19 months), and I am divorced from there father. In 2010 my Sil passed from Melanoma at 33, I quickly jumped in as surrogate Mom to help out my brother. In April 2012 my brother had a heart attack, and my niece found him. I worked with my brother everyday & he was my best friend, he left his children to me. I moved out of a house that was payed for & moved my 2 kids into his house to take care of his 2 kids also (niece 9 & nephew 7). My brothers house was twice the size of mine, also I didn't want to make them leave the only stability they had left. It's really hard, but I love these 4 kids. I just really wish I had someone to talk to about our situation. Thanks ladies.

teen girlteen boyteen boytoddler girlshhMy Family ♥

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mammabear413
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe u can find smaller house and so it can be fresh new start for All if you. I think your doing a great Job wish I hat more to help u with
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this

You might want to check out the Adoptive Moms group. They are very helpful and know all about blending families and handling transitions. 

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

What tragedies for all of you. You are a good woman to be so caring. I hope the group that LuluRex mentioned can help you.

Tiffwith3plus3
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi! My husband and I are also raising a siblings children, we have had our three nephews since 2010. It's shocking when your family doubles in size overnight, isn't it? If I can help, or you just need someone to talk to, I'm around! Good luck, and good job!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShawnsMom31
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Thank you all ladies ♥

teen girlteen boyteen boytoddler girlshhMy Family ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)