Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Goodbye, harness- hello, booster! Pix

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

My "LO" is 4.5yo and 50lbs. 

She has outgrown her MyRide and moved into the Recaro Vivo. 

She is so excited! We ERF'd to ages 4 and 5, but are not huge EHers. They harnessed to 6 and 4.

So here she is, sitting like a princess!!

Bye bye harness!!

I love a flat lap belt!!

Come on they just look cool right?! LOL!My "LO" 

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes they do for sure!  Thank you for the pictures of this cutiepie.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM

We are looking forward to putting dd in a no back booster now since she has been in her high back for awhile and she seems to be at correct height.   She was extended harnessed into kindergarten due to her skinny butt LOL  She was about 42 lbs when school started we felt safer with the harness.

avaandemmasmom
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Adorable!! Big Girl!! :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM

We stayed RF a long time. We didn't harness for long between RF and booster. I imagine we'll HBB for a long time. I don't see any benefit in LBB at all if they are still within the limits of the HBB- I love the headwings and SIP. It's all they've got now.  :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

We are looking forward to putting dd in a no back booster now since she has been in her high back for awhile and she seems to be at correct height.   She was extended harnessed into kindergarten due to her skinny butt LOL  She was about 42 lbs when school started we felt safer with the harness.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Thanks!

Quoting avaandemmasmom:

Adorable!! Big Girl!! :)

sallymoon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Love the belt fit!  Patrick is still RF in my car, but I let him move to a SS Turbo in his father's van.  Now that the newness of the booster has worn off, he wants to go back to harnessing, in a "cow seat".  So, I may be selling his Radians to get him a cowmoo FN85.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:08 AM

totally cool!! LOL great lookin car seats! and such an adorable lil girl :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM

LOL cow seat! Well, the FN85 sounds like a great investment! I always wanted them just to have them but I really liked the idea of RF all the way to booster. Which is pretty close to what we did. Neither kid lasted much longer in the harness after outgrowing them RF. 

And yes I love my Recaros, we now have 3. I would love to venture out and try other seats but there's nowhere here to try them and I just had to go by the IIHS best bet list and recs from CSS. I'm very very happy with the Vivo.   :)

Quoting sallymoon:

Love the belt fit!  Patrick is still RF in my car, but I let him move to a SS Turbo in his father's van.  Now that the newness of the booster has worn off, he wants to go back to harnessing, in a "cow seat".  So, I may be selling his Radians to get him a cowmoo FN85.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM

LOL thanks!

Quoting alexis_06:

totally cool!! LOL great lookin car seats! and such an adorable lil girl :)

Mom2jngnc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM

To my shock we are still harnessed. The Nautilus was the best thing I ever bought for Alex. He is at 44" and 46 pounds... turned 5 back in October. I need to take it out and put him on the last harness. 

We do HBB him in my husband's truck, and any time he needs to car pool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured