Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is unbelievable!!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

For the first time in my working life I got written up! EVERYTHING on that write up was hearsay! Most of it I listened and said I would do better. However, when the read 2 parts of it my blood started boiling.

1. My client and I were eating off the same plate using different forks. First off I KNOW better than to do that and secondly that client does NOT use a fork! ALL his food is finger foods that he can pick with his fingers!!

2. My personal hygiene....I SMELL!!! WTF?!?!  I DO NOT SMELL!! I bathe twice a day! I use plenty of deodorant and body spray!!!

I refused to sign the write up. That is my right. 2 days later I went to my bosses boss and told her the whole story. She said she would check into it. Evidently she did and my bosses(2) have been totally different to me. Then yesterday a co-worker told me she overheard 2 other people discussing the fact that I smelled(again). When I asked who it was she wouldn't tell me. I had my suspicions-this morning they were confirmed. Or I am 99% certain. I went straight to the HR lady. I told her and we had a 15-20 minute conversation. At the end of it she said she didn't smell anything but a scent of vanilla body spray. I told her who I thought it was and she said she would not it in her files. I was VERY mad and she knew it! I wanted to go bloody the nose of the one who said it but I would have gotten fired and I am not 100% certain it is her. She told me not to confront her or say anything to her. IF I hear anything else about me smelling come straight to her! She feels like someone is just wanting to start trouble! Several of my co-workers and friends backed me up and told our immediate bosses that I did not smell. I feel like I cannot let this go!! Can I do anything to her? Anonymously or face-to-face?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DeeDee205
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM

You did the right thing by going to your bosses boss.  Don't do anything that could get you in trouble.  I used to work with a trouble maker like that.  She got what she deserved (poor reputation).  Just do your job, do it right, and even step up and go the extra mile.  That trouble maker will eventually "trouble" themselves right out of a job.  Bosses do not like whiners and tattlers.  Good luck to you.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM

So I am presuming it was an offensive smell that someone was trying to pin on you?  I know body sprays smell bad to me due to my allergies.  I would be upset as well though when co-workers are saying horrible things about me.

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Can you file harassment? Otherwise I would let it go and do your job. Any idea why this person is out to get you? Kill her with kindnes, then she looks like an idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you.

I do want to suggest, though, that you stop wearing body spray.  Sometimes that stuff smells great to you but horrible to people around you.  (My husband had this cologne, for instance, that was repulsive to me.  I finally asked him to throw it away and he did.)

And . . . to answer your questions . . . you just need to let this whole thing go.  That would be the professional thing to do and the mature thing to do.  Just let it go.

Trust me.

Good luck!

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I completely agree.

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

I'm sorry that happened to you.

I do want to suggest, though, that you stop wearing body spray.  Sometimes that stuff smells great to you but horrible to people around you.  (My husband had this cologne, for instance, that was repulsive to me.  I finally asked him to throw it away and he did.)

And . . . to answer your questions . . . you just need to let this whole thing go.  That would be the professional thing to do and the mature thing to do.  Just let it go.

Trust me.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured