Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Question for moms with bus riders

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
If you are able to take your children to school, great! This isn't your question.

If you find yourself frequently unhappy with the transportation the county provides , would you just GO to yard and speak directly to the director or would you try a snail mail letter listing your issues. I've called and get dispatch who says "uh" alot and feeds me one excuse after another and they don't even make sense.
This isn't a bullying thing, this is an " on time" thing and a " substitute" thing and today's issue that is really to stupid to get into.
So, if you wanted to voice frustration about transportation, would you try snail mail first, or just walk in all hot and bothered ? I know how to speak to teachers, but this is different. A different approach has to be taken.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I would talk to whomever is in charge and voice concerns to school as well since they are the ones who hired the bus service.

Christine0813
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:53 PM

First, how often and how many minutes is the bus late?

If the bus was more than 5 minutes, we were encouraged to call dispatch.

If you do send a letter, send it certified with return receipt. If you're still having problems after that, take it up with with the board of education.

kaitybird
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I would voice your concerns to the company in an email and in a letter.  Email is so that you have proof of what you are doing.  Go through the appropriate steps to get your voice heard.  It also depends on who runs the buses.  I know our school district doesn't run our buses it is run by First Student and they are based out of Ohio.

You also need to make sure that date and times and all that good stuff are noted so you have something to back up what you are trying to say!  Good luck to you on what is going on.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:34 PM
His regular driver is rarely late, however, she recently had a child so there are ALOT of sub driver and seemingly never the same one. They can be up to fifteen minutes late or missed his stop ( five kids at his stop) completely.

Schools start at eight. Parents who work start typically when? At eight. Does a parent wait and be late, take them, call... What? It's an incredible safety issue , it's an inconvieniece to say the least, and quite frankly, it's insane.

Dispatch says there are routes in a binder. Dispatch ALSO says the buses all have GPS but that " they , uh, have to be redone"
I explain that my son tells me the children ON the bus have to tell her the stops ( really?)

The subs will arbitrarily switch order of stops, some children have had to walk across a four lane road unnessarily.

And THIS MORNING!! Late was acceptable as we had bad storms and a tornado touch down.

However, my issue this morning was my son texting me saying driver was parked in the middle of the route because power was out at the school and she was waiting for confirmation. This means that possibly there were student out in drenching rain before giving up and going in.

The director has all bus riders phone numbers. Why, if a certain bus, or ALL of them like today, is having trouble, is late, or whatever are parents not notified???
I would see this as an obvious thing...

Well there ya go! I was trying not to be all bitchy, and ya pulled it out of me ! :-)

Quoting Christine0813:

If you do send a letter, send it certified with return receipt. If you're still having problems after that, take it up with with the board of education.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Christine0813
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I pulled it out of you? Lol. I understand your frustration. Not acceptable at all in my opinion. That is too many subs not knowing where they're going on top of being late. So it seems.

You can also email like another poster suggested. That is more proof on your side.

Seems like a big mess. Hope this problem can be resolved quickly.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

His regular driver is rarely late, however, she recently had a child so there are ALOT of sub driver and seemingly never the same one. They can be up to fifteen minutes late or missed his stop ( five kids at his stop) completely.

Schools start at eight. Parents who work start typically when? At eight. Does a parent wait and be late, take them, call... What? It's an incredible safety issue , it's an inconvieniece to say the least, and quite frankly, it's insane.

Dispatch says there are routes in a binder. Dispatch ALSO says the buses all have GPS but that " they , uh, have to be redone"
I explain that my son tells me the children ON the bus have to tell her the stops ( really?)

The subs will arbitrarily switch order of stops, some children have had to walk across a four lane road unnessarily.

And THIS MORNING!! Late was acceptable as we had bad storms and a tornado touch down.

However, my issue this morning was my son texting me saying driver was parked in the middle of the route because power was out at the school and she was waiting for confirmation. This means that possibly there were student out in drenching rain before giving up and going in.

The director has all bus riders phone numbers. Why, if a certain bus, or ALL of them like today, is having trouble, is late, or whatever are parents not notified???
I would see this as an obvious thing...

Well there ya go! I was trying not to be all bitchy, and ya pulled it out of me ! :-)

Quoting Christine0813:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Deal. Happens all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Email them.  Our county has an email address and will get a response within 24hrs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN