Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Vomiting in a child with no fever?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:42 AM
  • 22 Replies

Okay last few days my son has been saying he hasnt felt well..but he always says that...today he was MISSERABLE when I picked him...but was playing just fine...we went to the church so I could cook dinner for the youth (do every wednesday) My dad picked him up (still normal) got him some subway (not THAT normal he just got picked up before dinner was ready)

My ds vomited soon after eating the subway (under 30 minutes) Now he is sleeping just fine and has no fever...he will be staying home tommrow..but I am thinking that is too early for food poisening (damn spelling) but with no fever could it be this nasty flu bug going around??

Judge me all you want for be stupid about not knowing...but just curious!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sat.Wed
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Not stupid at all, what kind of sub? could he have possiably overloaded his system? Do you happen to have a food log or anything like that it could be he ate something that his system right now just doesnt like for whatever reason, I wouldnt be quick to jump the flu bug yet, usually there is chills, fever, etc......

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Not stupid at all, what kind of sub? could he have possiably overloaded his system? Do you happen to have a food log or anything like that it could be he ate something that his system right now just doesnt like for whatever reason, I wouldnt be quick to jump the flu bug yet, usually there is chills, fever, etc......

foot long ham and cheese...thats it no veggies on it or mustard or anthing...

lunch he had two tubes (yogurt) and a butter sandwitch, water, goldfish crackers, apple breakfast was pancakes with butter and syurp...

Sat.Wed
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:55 AM

hmm, I know he is young but could he have gotten a little dehydrated? it can happen and wont have a fever but vomit, or it could have just been a stomach bug those can last anywhere from 24-72 hours and no fever

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Sat.Wed:

lunch he had two tubes (yogurt) and a butter sandwitch, water, goldfish crackers, apple breakfast was pancakes with butter and syurp...

AtillaTheHun
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I think something upset his stomach. That doesn't necessarily come with fever. It is hard to tell if he got it from food or if he caught something in school. Just keep an eye on him, he might end up with some diarrhea as well. Some Gatorade might help with electrolytes. I hope he feels better soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Quoting Sat.Wed:

hmm, I know he is young but could he have gotten a little dehydrated? it can happen and wont have a fever but vomit, or it could have just been a stomach bug those can last anywhere from 24-72 hours and no fever

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Sat.Wed:

Ohh he is nearly always dehyradted the kid HATES water...barely drinks it...likes milk/juice drives me bonkers! He seems to be sleeping fine...but cant send him to school know he vomited...my dad says it was "a lot" too but that doesnt mean a lot...his a lot is not normally a lot...

ilovemyboys84
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM
We have a bug going around here...same thing
..just stomach cramps and vomitting..they are fine the next day. No fever...all four have had it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:04 AM

It's possible it was food poisoning, but it's also not uncommon for a child not to run a fever with a stomach virus. It really doesn't matter too much what's causing it. Just watch for signs of dehydration (which shouldn't be a problem if it was a one time thing).

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

AmyParent
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:07 AM
My kids don't get a fever with the tummy bug. Never have.
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Thanks everyone...this is odd for him he isnt a puker! Last time he vomited was when he got motion sickness on the skytrain. I was covered in chunky pink vomit...havent been able to look at fruittropia since!

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:14 AM
With food poisoning you don't stop throwing up and need to go to the ER. If he is doing fine now it is not food poisoning. He probably had too much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN