Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Stretch marks

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:14 AM
  • 43 Replies
Sooo I didn't have stretch marks until a few days before I delivered my son, but I guess maybe they were there the whole time and I just noticed them after he was born because my tummy wast stretched anymore. So my question to all you ladies who didnt /don't get stretch marks is: how in the F do you do it? Which kind of cream do you use? And what about the ladies who DID get some marks, whether they be small like mine but multiple, or one big purple one: how do you treat them now? I use bio oil and cocoa butter sticks to try to minimize them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:16 AM

you are already using what i was gonna suggest! bio oil is AMAZING!!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:00 AM
1 mom liked this

It is all in the genes unfortunately and keeping hydrated plays a big part.   I have them on my thighs and upper butt of all places LOL.

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:08 AM
If genetics dictate that you'll get them, no amount of creams/oils will prevent it.

However, they will fade in time. I got horrible ones...they're still around (they were really bad...some up to an inch thick) but have faded to skin color and aren't red/purple anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Mine don't bother me. I will proudly wear a bikini and show them off once I loose all the extra weight in my stomach

AleaKat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Mederma is the greatest thing ever!!
It's like 4o a bottle but it lasts a while and it really lightened my marks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I use Palmers stretch mark lotion at least twice a day. On my second pregnancy, and no stretch marks yet
breebree04
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Its all about your skin type. Doesnt matter if you use creams or not, Ive heard alot of people say if your mother got them you will more than likely get them and so far I have found that to be true with myself and others that I know got them. Mine have faded to skin color but can still see them and got a few big ones. I hated them for along time all through my 20s but now that Im in my 30s Im more just like whatever Ive had a couple kids what do you do. Cant ever get rid of them so figure I might as well just get over it :)

breebree04
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

You go girl! You must have an amazing amount of confidence. I would die before I would ever wear a bikini again lol but good for you!

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Mine don't bother me. I will proudly wear a bikini and show them off once I loose all the extra weight in my stomach

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Farm Balm

Farm Balm Gold - Natural Moisturiser 43gms

Category: 
$12.95 GST inc.

When you have a daughter with eczema, a 40yo face that needs moisturising, and a hive full of honey and beeswax, you start experimenting! And over a period of time "Farm Balm" was born. This is our all round moisturising balm combining the best organic ingredients such as rosehip and evening primrose oils, coconut, jojoba and olive oils, chamomile, natural vitaming e and our very own sun-melted beeswax and raw honey.

Whether you want to use it as a beautiful, natural facial moisturiser with lots of great anti-aging properties (it also smells beautiful), or as a balm to clear up dermatitis, cracked heels and other skin problems, or just as an all over moisturiser, Farm Balm is fast becoming a favourite of our Farmers Market customers. It makes us feel good to know that Farm Balm is practically edible, unlike so many moisturisers that contain all sorts of nasties.

It comes with a small spatula, is solid in cool weather (and melts on skin application), and liquid in hot weather. 43gms, A little goes a looooooooong way! It is best used within 12 months of purchase (and hey..who wants to put 2 year old stuff on their body anyway!).

yroder2003
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I used publix brand cocoa butter. Lathered it on every night, a lot that it took a few minutes to absorb lol. I only gained 20lbs though so that might of had something to do with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)