Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advise from ppl who been in there

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hi

new to al this been wanting to get advise from mums like real ppl not doctors ive heard it al from them but they never been there so im askin al ye mums out there for abit of advise? june last year i had my wonderful pride and joy baby boy, who was 10 weeks prem,spent 9 weeks in ICU? we both nearly died but thankfully we both pulled through it/ the question im wanting to ask is any mums out there who nearly died and went on to have another baby and a normal birth?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Not me personally, but two of my best friends. One of them has had 4 normal births since that very traumatic experience. :)

Jewl-e
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:11 PM

In 2006 I gave birth to my DD who arrived the day after I hit 24 weeks due to an infection in my body that was trying to get rid of the pregnancy, spent 4 months in the NICU and she will be 7 this coming June. A year and a 1/2 later I found out I was pregnant, I was so afraid that I wouldnt be able to carry DS to term (which I didnt) but I did make it to 34 weeks so I was happy. Im currently 30 weeks with my 3rd child, since I have a record of premature births my doctor decided to give me weekly injections of progesterone (17p) to help support my body during this pregnancy. I spent the first 24 weeks of this pregnancy nervous but once I got there I relaxed and now Im anxious to see how far I get...

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM

My mom did!  She had my brother and almost died.  So my dad was 'fixed' so they wouldn't have any more kids.  Well, 5yrs later she really wanted another one, so he had his surgery reversed.  And 7yrs after my brother was born I was born.  My mom said I was a very fast delivery and they almost didn't make it to the hospital.

I'm so glad everything worked out for you and your baby!!!  Congrats and what a blessing!

gibro19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Not sure if this is helpful or not - but my first son was born at 30 weeks - my second pregnancy they watched me like a hawk. I got the steroid shots for lung development and constant ultrasounds. I actually had to be induced at 39 weeks - because he was so big!!

So if you are considering getting pregnant again - based on your past history - I am sure your doctors will consider you high risk and watch you a lot closer than before.

Good luck!!

wonderingmom316
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:52 AM

thank  you all for your replies they all helped me? i wish ye all well? i got councilin because i got PD and PTSD im passed dat but stil on meds, im so glad al ur pregnancys went wel after

wonderingmom316
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Thank you for your advise

wonderingmom316
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:55 AM

wonderingmom316
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:57 AM

wonderingmom316
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Thank you for yor advise

wonderingmom316
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)