• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler Poop Question!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

The past few times my 3 1/2 year old has gone poop, there is bright red blood :(  Not a ton, but enough to take me by surprise.  He hasn't been constipated, and generally has no issues in that department... just a little concerned.  Maybe pushing too hard? 

Have any of you experience that with your little ones?

Thank you in advance!  I know it's not the most attractive subject to talk about!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Take him to the doctor to rule out other issues. It could be he's straining or it could be something he ate is causing issues like an allergic response, but a doctor can help figure it out. :)

MomOfNolan
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Thanks for your reply!  I did call the doctor's office, he wants to add more fiber to his diet and give it a few days to see if it stops!  I'm sure he is just pushing too hard, or has had too much dairy lately. 

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

It definitely could be. It's good to keep in touch with the doctor's office about things like that because they seem so scary but are usually something minor that's easily remedied. :)

Quoting MomOfNolan:

Thanks for your reply!  I did call the doctor's office, he wants to add more fiber to his diet and give it a few days to see if it stops!  I'm sure he is just pushing too hard, or has had too much dairy lately. 

Mommy2justone
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I would think his poo is too hard. I would talk to his ped to see what diet changes you can make. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I would call his dr a d push more water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)