• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help with taxes please

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

okay well i had a friend who told me i should be doing my taxes but im not even sure where to begin i know i have a child i was married but my ex was on SSI and me im working more of a voulenteer position but im just not even sure where i would begin any help at all appreciated

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a program like TurboTax and use that. It will ask you questions and walk you through the process, step by step. You can buy it at most retailers or online.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I second buying Turbo Tax... then the "I need help" is free. 
Several years ago it seems someone was on CM complaining that they were asked for payment info for "Asking a question" with the free online edition. 

Reina13
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Definitely Turbo Tax!! Good luck, taxes totally confuse me too but this is what my husband uses for us.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Yeah, I believe if you buy a copy of the program rather than using the online edition, the support is free and it can be a huge help if you're stuck on something or have errors.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Several years ago it seems someone was on CM complaining that they were asked for payment info for "Asking a question" with the free online edition. 

Mom2jngnc
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM

my brother had a 1099-div and I kept getting an error. I punched it in the "help" and got "take out the $0 in line..." did that, and the error check went through.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Yeah, I believe if you buy a copy of the program rather than using the online edition, the support is free and it can be a huge help if you're stuck on something or have errors.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)