Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

DS is 2 1/2 now. He tells me when he has to poop and he tells me when he has already pooped or peed. Whenever he say poop or potty we go to the bathroom and he sits on his potty. The thing is he will sit there forever and not go. Then he will go within 5-10 minutes of having his diaper back on. I have read a ton of books and have no idea what I am doing. I see people that have their kids potty trained in just a couple of days and this has been going on for a month. What is wrong with me? What am I doing wrong and should I be doing? I am soo lost and feel soo stupid.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momofsunshine77
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Dont feel stupid at all.  I worked with my dd for 2 years.  One day she finally got it and that was it.  Itried every trick - rewards, goals, videos, books, treats, just letting her pee on herself, etc.  Nothing worked with her, but she is now 100% potty trained even at night. 

You can try the putting him in undewear so he feels it, maybe it will work for him.  :)

Good luck!!!  It will come!!

bpryce
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
When hes on the potty ask him to push. Make a pushing face and noise and ask him to copy you. Make it fun, not a command.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Some kids take to it faster than others but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your son, your method, or you. It just means it's taking him a little bit to get it, and that's it. You can check out this thread for more tips and tricks that may help, too:

Potty Training

sorcha1945
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I did the 3 day potty training method, and it worked in 2 days.  You can google the info or buy the book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)