Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss and insecurity

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
My very over weight aunt is about to lose a lot of weight and my sister and I were having this conversation about how it would change her life.

In her skinny days my aunt was extremely beautiful ( not to say that she still isn't) but when her and her husband married she was already on her way to becoming overweight.

I guess my question here is...

If you have an overweight SO and you've never had issues with other men/ women flirting with them and then all of a sudden they are turning heads left and right...
Does this make you feel insecure?
Are you worried now?
How do you think this will change your relationship?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Bump for me cause I always need one lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I'm about half the size I was shortly after I got married. My husband finds me sexy whatever size I am and he doesn't feel insecure at all when men notice me, which they've done at my heaviest and now, too, but more so lately. He takes it as a sign that he has great taste in women if they also find me attractive, and he knows I'm not going anywhere, thick or thin, so he's not worried at all in that regard. :)

MJP76
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I don't have this issue, but people need to learn to trust their mates more...

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Never had the problem.  I know dh is committed to me and doesn't even look.  He doesn't care of guys look at me; if I understand Matian correctly, he takes it as a compliment and thinks I should too (although, I don't say thank you)

Marimaru
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I think issues like this generally stem from how the person who's lost the weight is acting, and how the relationship really was before hand.

I've been a member of a number of weight loss forums, and you have a number of types.

-  Lose weight and you're the same person, but maybe you buy cuter clothes
-  Lose weight and buy a bunch of sexy clothes and 'make up for lost time' 
-  Lose weight and realize you settled for someone who's treating you like crap, so you make to leave

My husband doesn't have issues with guys looking at me or flirting, because he knows I'm not flirting back or going anywhere.  I had lost 80lbs when it came up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured