• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newborn bath time question

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
We have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter. She will be weeks away from 3 when our second daughter is born. I want to have my oldest help with her sister. Bath time is her favorite time!!! I want to find a seat that will support baby well, in the tub, and that sits a smidged out of the water. This way both girls can be in the tub together while baby gets a bath big sister can help. Then daddy can take baby while big sister finishes/plays.
Any ideas? I just held my daughter on my lap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I'd just put an infant tub with it's own water in a tub with a small amount of water.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Nothing comes to my mind until the can sit up on their own better. 

I used to put my baby tub in the bath tub, and whoever was my helper would just sit in the tub around it (usualy in a bathing suit). 

snowangel1979
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:40 PM
With DD I had a little seat type thing, it kinda looks like a little bouncer seat but It's for the bathtub. It was for newborns. I think it was under $20 at meijers or Walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katt709
by Katharine on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I used to put our infant tub in the big tub and fill both - wesley would sit and play (and help) in the big tub while baby was in the infant tub. You have to have a very big tub to do this though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)