Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughters wont let me out of her sight

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

i have one year old twin girls and love them dearly. Well lately my daughters have started crying every time i would leave the room. this has been going on for a week now. I talked to my sister about it and she said it could be because i would pick them up every time they cried but i haven't done that in the last 2 months. i do play with them and hug and kiss them. well one of my daughters Addi started last month getting mad if i wasn't right next to her. she wanted me to hold her all the time so i started not picking her up when she cried and just do what i need to do. even when i would play with her she wouldn't playing without being in my lap, so i started get up and get out of the play gate. now my other daughter Elli starting to do the same thing as Addi is doing. so i did the same thing with her but now its even getting to the point that if they cant see me they will be crying unless they are at daycare. i love my girls but its hard to give them both mommy and baby time when theres a house to clean. They wont even play unless im in the same room sitting next to them. What should i do?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM

My daughter is the same age and is going through the same thing. I'm hoping it's just a phase, if you figure something out let me know!!!

coala
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM

It is just a phase.  Keep talking to them to help ease fears (separation anxiety) while at home.  BTW this can take form in a few different ways.

emmy526
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, its a phase, and one you can deal with by teaching them that you are there...try playing peek a boo from around a corner...slwoly move farther and farther away, coming back to let them know you're still there.  It will take a while, but they will adjust and grow and get used to your being near, but not on top of them all the time.  

Reina13
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM

It does sound like a phase. Seperation anxiety usually strikes little ones at that age. They just want to be reassured that you will come back. I like the other posters idea of playing peek a boo.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Hugs! They will eventually learn to play with each other, keep doing what you are doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)