Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A very important bit of advice!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe vaccines cause autism?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

So, I know that this post will disagree with a few people out there but I'm posting it anyway.

Vaccines do not cause autism!

I am posting this because while many people claim there is a connection between vaccinations and autism(and other autism-spectrum disorders) there is no concrete evidence supporting those claims. For one, the study that claimed that there was a correlation between the two was redacted and denounced by every doctor, scientist, and even the man who wrote it!

Let me phraze it this way, autism normally starts exhibiting signs at around 12-18 months, yes? And you should normally start vaccinating a child between 2 months (earliest) and 15 months (latest). So when a child shows signs of autism parents look for something that might have triggered it while research shows you are BORN with it.

Correlation =/= causation.

Thank you for your time.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TexanMomOf6
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM
What about aspartame? We moms sure drink a lot of diet soda!
Warumono
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM

While there may not be many true studies out there on the effects of aspartame I personally do not drink diet soda. I've never been able to stand the taste.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I do not touch aspartame as i know many of the  negative effects as well as what it does to my personally.  Our household tries to stick to water mostly and home brewed iced tea.

-PB
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Fail. 

The poor horse is dead already.

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Let's keep beating it anyway. Just because.

Quoting -PB:

Fail. 

The poor horse is dead already.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bpryce
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I dont have a link, im mobile and dont feel like searching for one, lol, but i know it was on a website about autism. anyway a long term study involving children and pitocin (the possible effects on the babies) has shown a direct link between the drug and autism. They believe its when the drug is used incorrectly and in high dosages, the study is on going and these are just preliminary findings. i just thought it was interesting because in the last 15yrs or so it seems every dr pushes to induce woman for no medical reasons at all.....might explain the rapidly growing number of autistic children
Mommy2justone
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Where did that damn horse go? Apparently he wasn't fully dead?? Let's beat him some more, maybe try the club or sludge hammer this time? Electrocution? Drowning?
Well maybe he is a zombie horse...aim for the brain! And don't forget the double tap this time.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Tfs :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:11 AM
I think any chemicals are bad when we're bombarded with them.

Do I think vaccines lend themselves to increases in stuff like autism? Sure.

Do I think vaccines protect against awful diseases? Sure.

Tough one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)