Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Traveling with kids....ADVICE ANYONE??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello.  We are traveling to Lake Erie in OH in May. I rented a house close to the beach, it is fully stocked all we have to take is clothes and food.  Any advice? Where to go? Things to see?travel

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Don't know the area, enjoy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Are you flying or driving and how old are the kids?

Bleacheddecay
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

When I go to the beach. I take groceries and a box of books and go to the beach. That's it. I'm not interested in keeping busy when I am trying to relax. I also don't feel kids need to be entertained. They need to learn to entertain themselves.

Pack some healthy snacks. Stop to go to the rest room and stretch legs. Pack some small toys for the car and play some car games, tell each other stories and sing some songs.

rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM

It sound like a great way to get back to nature.  Limit the electronics they bring but don't forget the camera.  I hope you guys enjoy your time at the beach!  

Link to Lake Erie attrations:

http://www.shoresandislands.com/itinerary/default.aspx?min=ATTR

Jers.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Rainy day activities - just in case!

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Have fun! If you are traveling by vehicle make sure to bring snacks and activites

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM

HI jessicaglass! Welcome.  :) 

For the trip itself....

Take along some activities for the appropriate age groups of your children.  Maybe even some reading books, coloring books, even some game boards.  Make up games as you travel. Kids love that. Bring some favorite songs and have a song festival of your own.  That should help pass the time while traveling.  

jessicaglass181
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Thanks everyone. we are driving, about 3 hours. they do have  kindles, so the ride should be ok...lol.

Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I don't know the area, but have fun!

AuntFib
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I would take some snacks and stuff for the ride there and go to the grocery store when you get there.  That gives you the opportunity to see a little bit of the area, AND gives you the chance to ask the cashier at the grocery store what he/she would recommend.  Usually, other shoppers in the line will offer their opinions and offer some great ideas!

Have fun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN