Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
Hello all, I was just curious as to when your babies actually began sleeping longer. My lil boy is a month old now and seems to be up a lot. He has gotten better cuz we've started him on rice cereal in his formula. But I'm just curious as to when I may start to get my sleep back. Lol So far he's up every 2-3 hours at night. And awake even more during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (21-25):
Kazmira222
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Well we use sensitive simalac. He eats mainly normal formula all day and night, we just give rice oncecor twice in a day now. He eats every 2-3 hours. Sometimes will eat throughout the day all day cuz he'll only eat a lil at a time. I've noticed tho he is getting batter.

Quoting Deearna:

Hi  Normally once the growth spurts are over which is 3 & 6 weeks,things tend to get easier,who has suggested you put cereal in the bottle ?we would never suggest this at such an early age.The earliest and this would be under gp/paed advise would be 4.5 months and this again would normally only be suggested if your baby was suffering with reflux. Normal age for weaning is 6 months What formula does baby have,how much and how often?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KsenijaR
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:39 AM

My daughter is 3,5 and she still gets up at night and have difficulties to fall asleep again. And I'm curious about when I get my sleep back too :)

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
This, one month olds are not supposed to sleep.

Quoting norwgnwood:

Babies aren't supposed to sleep through the night...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris0921
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:09 AM
The cereal Pedis dont recommend it until 6wks, but as long as there are no issues thats fine. I got cereal at 2wks and I am perfectly fine. So for all the moms on here bashing about it, they need to chill out. My dd sleeps in about 5 to 7 hour stretches and will be 4 months. I breastfeed, and spoon feed cereal during the day. If I dont give cereal she is constipated, and it will be days before she goes. My son is almost 2 and if he sleeps in his bed will wake once and come in mine, if in my bed will stay asleep most nights. You know your child better then anyone else, and be glad baby wakes frequently at night, because that could mean something was wrong if they didnt at that age. Shouldnt be too much long hang in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ARPsMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I've somehow lucked out. Both my boys are sleepers. My youngest is four months and has been sleeping through the night since 6 weeks. He occasionally gets up in the middle of the night but it's usually because he has turned himself in a akward position. And I just move him back and he is fine. He has a set routine and has to stick to it or he is a mess. Bath at 7 and in bed by 7:45, usually wakes up at 7:30.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN